Wrasse compatibility ?

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I've got a 55g cube system and I want to know if the following wrasse can coexist and who should be added before the others. Environment is lots of rock crevices and caves and low overhanging shelf rocks with high flow and lots of of open swimming space
Currently have:
-mcoskers flasher
- potters leopard
Want to add:
- blue star leopard
-exquisite
-labouti
- and possibly a rubrisquamis if I could

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evolved should chime inn when he sees this thread. He's the wrasse expert and will give you all the information you want or don't want ;)

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The labouti and rubrisquamis get a little large for a tank your size and their attitude can be a little too big for that tank as well.

The other fish should have no compatability issues as far as aggression goes, but making sure 2 leopards get enough to eat, as they can put enormous pressure on the pod population is something to be aware of, but doable.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The labouti and rubrisquamis get a little large for a tank your size and their attitude can be a little too big for that tank as well.

The other fish should have no compatability issues as far as aggression goes, but making sure 2 leopards get enough to eat, as they can put enormous pressure on the pod population is something to be aware of, but doable.
Totally agree; I definitely would not add both the labouti and the rubrisquamis; I'm really not a fan of the latter.

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree; I definitely would not add both the labouti and the rubrisquamis; I'm really not a fan of the latter.
Is it possible to add just the labouti or is it too big ? If not what are some other colorful wrasse options to take their place ? I like the flame wrasse and the lineatus too

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to add just the labouti or is it too big ? If not what are some other colorful wrasse options to take their place ? I like the flame wrasse and the lineatus too

Possible, yes, but I would recommend against it.

The flame would be close to being too big, and I feel the lineatus is as well.

Colorful fairy wrasses for that size would be, lunatus, cf. lanceolatus, or others in that complex. Lubbocks, rhomboid, bathyphilus, or nahacky. There are others size and temperment appropriate, but not what I would call colorful.

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible, yes, but I would recommend against it.

The flame would be close to being too big, and I feel the lineatus is as well.

Colorful fairy wrasses for that size would be, lunatus, cf. lanceolatus, or others in that complex. Lubbocks, rhomboid, bathyphilus, or nahacky. There are others size and temperment appropriate, but not what I would call colorful.

Thanks for the info ! I had a feeling the lineatus would be too big but its a stunning fish would have loved to have one but oh well..... I might need to upgrade soon ;)

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

These were going to be my suggestions as well :) You could also look into other Flashers as well. Or just go with that larger tank. I went from a 55 to a 125. Wish I had room for a larger tank, as I already have 11 Wrasses in it and 1 more in QT!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back