Wrasse Compatibility

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so right now a have a Ruby Longfin Fairy Wrasse and a McKoskers Flasher Wrasse in my 5ft long tank. I was wondering if I could add a small group of Potter's Wrasses and they would all get along together well. Thanks!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a potters wrasse? I know of a potters leopard wrasse but don’t think they are legal to collect so haven’t been around in forever.

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so right now a have a Ruby Longfin Fairy Wrasse and a McKoskers Flasher Wrasse in my 5ft long tank. I was wondering if I could add a small group of Potter's Wrasses and they would all get along together well. Thanks!

No problem keeping leopard wrasse species with a fairy and flasher wrasse in terms of compatibility. Unfortunately I believe they were primarily collected out of Hawaii and are therefore not available. I don't believe they're endemic to Hawaii, but not sure if they are ever available from other areas.

OP
OP
O

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a potters wrasse? I know of a potters leopard wrasse but don’t think they are legal to collect so haven’t been around in forever.
Sorry I meant Potter's Leopard Wrasse, I didnt know that they were illegal to collect but will other Leopard Wrasses be fine with mine?

OP
OP
O

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem keeping leopard wrasse species with a fairy and flasher wrasse in terms of compatibility. Unfortunately I believe they were primarily collected out of Hawaii and are therefore not available. I don't believe they're endemic to Hawaii, but not sure if they are ever available from other areas.
Thank you!!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I meant Potter's Leopard Wrasse, I didnt know that they were illegal to collect but will other Leopard Wrasses be fine with mine?

Yes the others will be fine. The potters was expensive and extremely difficult to keep alive anyways. May be for the best that they closed collection on them.

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are beautiful, here's my three year old male. Unfortunately, no longer available after Hawaii collection stopped. They are one of the more delicate leopard species.

BW5A4678-2.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are beautiful, here's my three year old male. Unfortunately, no longer available after Hawaii collection stopped. They are one of the more delicate leopard species.

BW5A4678-2.jpg
He’s beautiful, one of the nicest specimens still in the hobby! Certainly a difficult species but once established, not much harder than other Macropharyngodon species.
Honestly, I’d say Geoffroyi is close to care with Kuiteri and Moyeri (also slightly larger Macropharyngodon).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back