Wrasse cut or something else?

TreyC2010

But baby, the fish need it....
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2015
Messages
807
Reaction score
534
Location
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new melanurus wrasse just came out of hiding today and I noticed it possibly “flashing” against a rock. When it turn I noticed it had what might be cuts on its body, but I didn’t know if it would still attempt to brush the rock if it was truly a cut.

My lfs kept him for 4 weeks and states that they use 3.0 copper. I know that’s not a fix-all solution, but just to keep that in mind. I didn’t know if I should take action, and what type, or just feed generously and watch.

27F24A4B-A5C9-4C27-95A7-A6B1B166C27D.jpeg 82DB379D-46CD-4ECD-9B1D-D2BF85D85923.jpeg
 
Also, the tank that he was in at the lfs had crushed coral as a substrate and I didn’t know if it might’ve scratched itself there. I didn’t really pay much attention to that to be honest and I know I should have.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new