Wrasse for 90 gallon

Mmun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have one more spot open in my 90 gallon non reef tank with live rock and live sand. Tank mates are peaceful, with the most aggressive fish being Coral Beauty. Any Suggestions on a Wrasse?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have one more spot open in my 90 gallon non reef tank with live rock and live sand. Tank mates are peaceful, with the most aggressive fish being Coral Beauty. Any Suggestions on a Wrasse?
Do you have any wrasses so far ?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well lots of options then. Personally I like leopard wrasses, they aren’t overly aggressive like some other species. I have a potters leopard which I love, awesome colors. I also have a black leopard, he’s cool too. I’ve had a pintail fairy that was a cool fish, just have a lid. Cleaner wrasses are cool and beneficial. Solarensis are a little feisty but they are really cool looking, also get a lid for them.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Take your pick as there are MANY wrasses that would fit the bill in that setup:

https://www.liveaquaria.com/categor...78&r=3127+28&s=ts&start=1&page_num=1&count=24

https://www.liveaquaria.com/categor...79&r=3127+28&s=ts&start=1&page_num=1&count=24

There are a couple of exceptions to those lists (ie Avoid the Whipfin, Dusky or Green Wrasses).

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well lots of options then. Personally I like leopard wrasses, they aren’t overly aggressive like some other species. I have a potters leopard which I love, awesome colors. I also have a black leopard, he’s cool too. I’ve had a pintail fairy that was a cool fish, just have a lid. Cleaner wrasses are cool and beneficial. Solarensis are a little feisty but they are really cool looking, also get a lid for them.

Leopard Wrasses are a case of literally picking the right fish though. Not saying it can't be done, just saying that he needs to be aware of how many don't make it and that he needs to use care when picking his fish.

Journeyman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melanarus wrasse or yellow virus wear if you like yellow. Lots of personality and they eat pests. For something flashier, a pintail fairy wrasse.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only space for one wrasse? i'd say room for numerous wrasse!

i like the halichoeres ones, but maybe stick to the smaller ones so they don't mow down the CUC. biocellatus, iridis, chrysus, claudia, leucoxanthus, or a timorensis if you can find it

fairy, flasher, and leopards are cool too

Abdullah Al Faruq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Research, research and decide. Read everything you can find on the wrasse. Personality, compatibility, adult size, tank size, competition for food, future endeavours regarding corals and then, personal liking. But, please don't rush.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree that you could probably put a few wrasses in a 90 gallon. I have a couple in mine (Melanurus and Blue Star Leopard) and were my Wrasses not more well established I would probably add a couple of more.

Bigfish of La.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7 wrasse, pair of longnose hawk fish, PJ cardinal, pair of clowns, yellow tail damsel, Bartlett anthias, and 1 ignitus anthias, in an 80g tank

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back