Wrasse ID? What wrasse is this?

Reefingmama

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
92
Reaction score
112
Location
San diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t find an ID on this fish. Also, is this a female? We have had her/him for 8 months and it was sold as a ruby head.
 
I can’t find an ID on this fish. Also, is this a female? We have had her/him for 8 months and it was sold as a ruby head.
14B14BA4-2F97-4EDE-BA5A-B93C1950090D.jpeg
 
Male Lubbocks wrasse, there are two color forms.
 
Male Cebu Cirrhilabrus Lubbocki
They seem to grow faster than the Indonesian but also get to a larger size (I have had my Indonesian for around 8 months and he grew to 2-2.5 inches whereas my Cebu was a full 3 inch after I think 8-9 months).
Here’s my Cebu (2 years old currently)
6C3A2EA5-DAAF-40AD-B058-01A0ACBB8C44.jpeg

and my Indonesian (Around 8 months old)
FEAF74D6-98CA-4365-892F-6F6B644FC154.jpeg


Both are males as both variants when young (Juvenile/Female) will look identical.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new