Wrasse Identification

JW_Reef02

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2022
Messages
12
Reaction score
23
Location
columbus
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

Is anyone able to help me identify my wrasse species? It was labeled as a Peacock Flasher or Blue Flasher wrasse.



I originally believed it was a female Paracheilinus cyaneus, however the size and color pattern are leading me to believe this is a transitioning Cirrhilabrus temminckii.

P.S. take a look at that aggression towards my beloved Blue Star Leopards. Hoping to keep them together but will likely move the fairy/ flasher into another tank if aggression progresses.

Thanks in advance!
 
Hi everyone!

Is anyone able to help me identify my wrasse species? It was labeled as a Peacock Flasher or Blue Flasher wrasse.



I originally believed it was a female Paracheilinus cyaneus, however the size and color pattern are leading me to believe this is a transitioning Cirrhilabrus temminckii.

P.S. take a look at that aggression towards my beloved Blue Star Leopards. Hoping to keep them together but will likely move the fairy/ flasher into another tank if aggression progresses.

Thanks in advance!

It’s hard to tell under the blue lighting (whiter lighting photos would be best ideally). However I agree with you and it being a Cirrhilabrus species, possibly temminickii however it’s hard to truly ID when under the blues.

As for aggression between the two wrasses, this is likely to die down as eventually they will cohabitate. This seems to be simply a case of Hierarchal aggression (which generally died down after 2 days at the most).
 
Sorry about that, I duplicated posts but here is a picture under better lighting. I’ve read mixed reviews on Temminicki aggression so just wanted to do my due diligence to keep everyone happy and healthy
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4290.jpeg
    IMG_4290.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 115
Sorry about that, I duplicated posts but here is a picture under better lighting. I’ve read mixed reviews on Temminicki aggression so just wanted to do my due diligence to keep everyone happy and healthy
Yep, that’s a Temminickii, some are good some are bad but that’s generally towards other fairies/flashers and not Sand Sleeper Wrasses.
 
Yep, that’s a Temminickii, some are good some are bad but that’s generally towards other fairies/flashers and not Sand Sleeper Wrasses.
Interesting! Well, thank you!! I’ll keep an eye on him and the sand sleepers
 
I do think it is a Temminick Fairy. Here is mine. Send to me as a mistake on one of my MO fish shipment. He turned to a full fledged male after a few months.
TemminckiFairyWrasse2019042403.jpg
TemminckiFairyWrasse2019042404.jpg
TemminckiFairyWrasse2020100603.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new