Wrasse Identification

JW_Reef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

Is anyone able to help me identify my wrasse species? It was labeled as a Peacock Flasher or Blue Flasher wrasse.

I originally believed it was a female Paracheilinus cyaneus, however the size and color pattern are leading me to believe this is a transitioning Cirrhilabrus temminckii.

P.S. take a look at that aggression towards my beloved Blue Star Leopards. Hoping to keep them together but will likely move the fairy/ flasher into another tank if aggression progresses.

Thanks in advance!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

Is anyone able to help me identify my wrasse species? It was labeled as a Peacock Flasher or Blue Flasher wrasse.

I originally believed it was a female Paracheilinus cyaneus, however the size and color pattern are leading me to believe this is a transitioning Cirrhilabrus temminckii.

P.S. take a look at that aggression towards my beloved Blue Star Leopards. Hoping to keep them together but will likely move the fairy/ flasher into another tank if aggression progresses.

Thanks in advance!

It’s hard to tell under the blue lighting (whiter lighting photos would be best ideally). However I agree with you and it being a Cirrhilabrus species, possibly temminickii however it’s hard to truly ID when under the blues.

As for aggression between the two wrasses, this is likely to die down as eventually they will cohabitate. This seems to be simply a case of Hierarchal aggression (which generally died down after 2 days at the most).

OP
OP
JW_Reef02

JW_Reef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that, I duplicated posts but here is a picture under better lighting. I’ve read mixed reviews on Temminicki aggression so just wanted to do my due diligence to keep everyone happy and healthy

Attachments

• IMG_4290.jpeg
    IMG_4290.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 47

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that, I duplicated posts but here is a picture under better lighting. I’ve read mixed reviews on Temminicki aggression so just wanted to do my due diligence to keep everyone happy and healthy
Yep, that’s a Temminickii, some are good some are bad but that’s generally towards other fairies/flashers and not Sand Sleeper Wrasses.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back