Wrasse questions

I believe that is a leopard wrasse. M. ornatus....again I'll let the experts positively ID. And "she" is definitely a he.

The other Halichoeres wrasses in your other pictures are H. leucoxanthus commonly called yellow and purple wrasse.
Thanks a ton!
 
That does not look like a fairy wrasse at all. I have no idea but I don't think it's a whip fin. Let's see what our wrasse experts think. @evolved, @eatbreakfast
Thats a yellow coris.
Next question
This is Beatrix
He/she was sold as a "peacock wrasse" but I can't find anything like it to id it.

15780767359706169716967708608294.jpg
Halichoeres argus. An underrated gem.
 
I'm late here for all of this, but:
I was hoping that the flame would eat nudis
No, Cirrhilabrus will not.
You sure that's H. chrysus? You might have a hogfish there (Bodianus sp?) @evolved ?
I just see a transitional male H. chrysus.
Solid lemon yellow Nov 1st. I purchased him and three of the yellow /white belly ( he calls them lemon meringue wrasses )

Screenshot_20200103-101207.png Screenshot_20200103-101122.png
Two different species there; H. chrysus is all yellow, H. leucoxanthus is the yellow/white one.
And yes, that's H. argus.
 
Sorry to jump on the bandwagon but just wondering if anyone can give me any advice etc for caring for this guy. I believe he's a checkerboard wrasse currently only comes out for about 4 hours a day and convinces me that he's dead/escaped for the rest of the time.
IMG_20200112_115140-01.jpeg
 
Is he new? He's very handsome.
Mine love LRS reef frenzy. The peacock hid for more than a few days at first.
 
Is he new? He's very handsome.
Mine love LRS reef frenzy. The peacock hid for more than a few days at first.

Yeah he's new got him this week after seeing him in the lfs for a month with no one picking him up. Looking forward to him getting his adult colours
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new