MoMoTheMonster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

You getting that new wrasse tomorrow?
I wish! But my tank upgrade isn't far enough along to get him yet :(

Not rushing through this build is killing me!

robert eggers patience GIF

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#WrasseWednesday ...You started it... ;) :)
IMG_20230614_163553_915.jpg
I'm a slacker lol

I worked on my 20 long last night added some more live rock and a new banded pipefish. Not my pic I got the pipe in the tank after lights out last night, but this is the type it is. Now I need to order more gorgs :)

1686844854700.png

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a slacker lol

I worked on my 20 long last night added some more live rock and a new banded pipefish. Not my pic I got the pipe in the tank after lights out last night, but this is the type it is. Now I need to order more gorgs :)

1686844854700.png
Did you order that pipe or lfs?

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you order that pipe or lfs?
LFS. They had it in their gorg tank for a few months, actually they had a pair but someone bought the larger of the two last week. I waited too long to get them so was only able to get the one.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LFS. They had it in their gorg tank for a few months, actually they had a pair but someone bought the larger of the two last week. I waited too long to get them so was only able to get the one.
Yup, the waiting game bites.
2 would just be that much more entertaining.

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, the waiting game bites.
2 would just be that much more entertaining.
I'd love to have a pair. I've got my LFS looking out for more. They have a pair of white bandeds but I liked the yellow bandeds more.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd love to have a pair. I've got my LFS looking out for more. They have a pair of white bandeds but I liked the yellow bandeds more.
I love fish I can keep in pairs. The way the communicate with each other is amazing.

I didnt really care for my h. Leucoxanthus. After adding the chrysus that changed everything. If I get lucky, I'll be able to get a video of them signaling for each other.

They'll go hunting and when one of them finds something. Signal set off, the other shows up in a flash and I never know who the victim was.

I need a pod station brewing. Even my clown tangs gobbling up pods.

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love fish I can keep in pairs. The way the communicate with each other is amazing.

I didnt really care for my h. Leucoxanthus. After adding the chrysus that changed everything. If I get lucky, I'll be able to get a video of them signaling for each other.

They'll go hunting and when one of them finds something. Signal set off, the other shows up in a flash and I never know who the victim was.

I need a pod station brewing. Even my clown tangs gobbling up pods.
That's so cool! My wrasses just push each other out of the way when it comes to food.

I wish I had the motivation to raise pods and phyto, but I'm too lazy so I buy a bottle of pods monthly for Piper (my blue stripe pipe). I've gotten her to eat frozen brine but that's not nutritious enough.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's so cool! My wrasses just push each other out of the way when it comes to food.

I wish I had the motivation to raise pods and phyto, but I'm too lazy so I buy a bottle of pods monthly for Piper (my blue stripe pipe). I've gotten her to eat frozen brine but that's not nutritious enough.
At least she is eating. That's half the battle with our fish.

Hoping to see you get a second one. Some do best is pairs. Will make for very nice pictures.

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we’re talking pairs. I’m being gifted a pair of blue flashers. Is a pair a big mistake?
Are they actually male and female? Hard to say how long you'll be able to keep them together before the female transitions. Once the bickering starts you'll have to separate them.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they actually male and female? Hard to say how long you'll be able to keep them together before the female transitions. Once the bickering starts you'll have to separate them.
I don’t know
They’re a gift due to be sent in a couple weeks. But I can give one to my LFS if they fight.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back