Wrasse Resort

Still dealing with high phosphates (1.7) so I'm going to try a little phosguard. No visible algae probably thanks to my foxface, but I do have some cyano creeping along the edge of the glass.

Do you have a camera with a flash? That's how I take most of my fish photos, the flash makes the blue light a non-issue. My phone even with filters doesn't capture the true colors of my fish like a traditional camera does. Although, I have seen nice photos taken with a Pixel phone.
Definitely going to try again, all of the wrasses have displayed every night since the naoko was moved into the main display.
 
Friday photo dump! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

0825202213.jpg


0825202217.jpg


0825202216.jpg


0825202212.jpg


082520223.jpg
 
Friday photo dump! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

0825202213.jpg


0825202217.jpg


0825202216.jpg


0825202212.jpg


082520223.jpg
The size of that iridis!
The other guys are looking stunning too :)
 
And a pic of my plate that insists on laying on top of these zoas. I've moved the plate a few times, but it just goes right back so now the zoas are growing out from under it :rolleyes:

0825202211.jpg
 
Thank you! I don't think my iridis has gotten as big as yours
haha, Atleast yours is still peaceful! Mines 4 inches and still bossing around my 5.5-6 inch Chloropterus.
 
And a pic of my plate that insists on laying on top of these zoas. I've moved the plate a few times, but it just goes right back so now the zoas are growing out from under it :rolleyes:

0825202211.jpg
I didn’t even know plates could move
 
Thank you!

After the 300 is set up and all the fish are in, I'm excited to get to add MOAR Wrasse
I’m sure that there will be a few influenced wrasses haha
 
I'm easy to enable. Shortlist is another pair of Freedom (China) Wrasse, a trio of linespot males.
Be careful when mixing the same species of wrasses, especially male fairies and flashers (I can’t really say don’t do it).

Is an earlei or bathyphilus on the menu for what to get?
 
Be careful when mixing the same species of wrasses, especially male fairies and flashers (I can’t really say don’t do it).

Is an earlei or bathyphilus on the menu for what to get?
I figure 3 males in a 300 should have enough room to just stay away but flash often. If one needs to come out, the nem tank would be happy to have it.

Earlie is not. Hooded I could get behind.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new