Wrasse Resort

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pic is lineopunctatus without a doubt.

If yours only has 2 filaments it's likely from flavianalis. I can't tell how mature he is from your pics, but if he's still young maybe he'll develop more filaments.
This just gets even more confusing!
The fins also look wrong for a true lineopunctatus.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score. I didn’t see yellow in the picture. Being defective ship to me and I will take it off your hands lol
Yeah, his dorsal fin has a tint of yellow along but his anal fin is a really nice yellow.
I’ll attempt to get a few more photos later when lights are on, usually I dislike hybrids as they can look ugly as they mature but I have never seen an ugly hybrid wrasse!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As promised, finally got round to photos of all my wrasses. Here’s some of the Flasher, I’m beginning to think he’s not a Lineopunctatus as he has almost 2 shades of orange on his body. Possibly part Rubicaudalis as he has the red filaments and the back of his dorsal is red with the front being yellow, I wish he showed his fins more so I could get a photo of him.
C91E4461-8638-4B35-8139-02C5452E375B.jpeg

Here’s a photo of the two shades as the photo above doesn’t show them
D85F528F-7245-4696-A3B6-99F1FFCFC165.jpeg

He’s about 1.5 inches, possibly 2 inch. So that makes me think he’s not a matured male yet and is just a newish male. He seems to be growing a third filament as well. I’ll continue to try get photos of him but for now this is the best description I can get. The more I look at him I really see more Rubicaudalis than Flavianalis. Where his filaments start the dorsal fin goes red whereas before it it’s a yellowish orange colour.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As promised, finally got round to photos of all my wrasses. Here’s some of the Flasher, I’m beginning to think he’s not a Lineopunctatus as he has almost 2 shades of orange on his body. Possibly part Rubicaudalis as he has the red filaments and the back of his dorsal is red with the front being yellow, I wish he showed his fins more so I could get a photo of him.
C91E4461-8638-4B35-8139-02C5452E375B.jpeg

Here’s a photo of the two shades as the photo above doesn’t show them
D85F528F-7245-4696-A3B6-99F1FFCFC165.jpeg

He’s about 1.5 inches, possibly 2 inch. So that makes me think he’s not a matured male yet and is just a newish male. He seems to be growing a third filament as well. I’ll continue to try get photos of him but for now this is the best description I can get. The more I look at him I really see more Rubicaudalis than Flavianalis. Where his filaments start the dorsal fin goes red whereas before it it’s a yellowish orange colour.
He has really nice colors! That would be awesome if he was a rubricaudalis hybrid, but my money is still on him being a filamentosus x flavianalis hybrid.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll try get a video of him but he absolutely refuses to let me get a photo of him with his dorsal fins up. It’s a very defined red and yellow dorsal though. Here’s a slightly better photo of the extended dorsal. You can see the defined red in it but the yellow looks orange (I hate phone pictures but I can get decent ones sometimes). Also the lines don’t match up for a Filamentosus but do match up for rubicaudalis.
C186A588-9464-4244-BE0E-D2C71AF87584.jpeg

Last edited:

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ll try get a video of him but he absolutely refuses to let me get a photo of him with his dorsal fins up. It’s a very defined red and yellow dorsal though. Here’s a slightly better photo of the extended dorsal. You can see the defined red in it but the yellow looks orange (I hate phone pictures but I can get decent ones sometimes). Also the lines don’t match up for a Filamentosus but do match up for rubicaudalis.
He wants his privacy!

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spy with my little eye filamentosus :D

#TeamFilamentosus

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spy with my little eye filamentosus :D

#TeamFilamentosus
Strange… He flashes blue (supposedly) but looks like a filamentosus which if I remember correctly, Filamentosus doesn’t go blue when displaying and neither does Rubricaudalis or Flavianalis. So that gives the question of is it possibly a 3 way hybrid?

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange… He flashes blue (supposedly) but looks like a filamentosus which if I remember correctly, Filamentosus doesn’t go blue when displaying and neither does Rubricaudalis or Flavianalis. So that gives the question of is it possibly a 3 way hybrid?
Have you seen him flash yet? When your lights are dimming for the night that's prime time for flashing.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen him flash yet? When your lights are dimming for the night that's prime time for flashing.
Unfortunately no however there should be a large mirror around somewhere that I could try and unpackage (After being unused for Atleast 5 years and going through 3 or so moves).

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately no however there should be a large mirror around somewhere that I could try and unpackage (After being unused for Atleast 5 years and going through 3 or so moves).
Worth a shot! Hopefully you'll get to see him flash

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worth a shot! Hopefully you'll get to see him flash
And hopefully it answers the question of if it’s a 3 way or 2 way hybrid! I just need to figure out how tall it is.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not seen him flashing - The mirror has some how fallen into the void and just vanished.
As for the colours, they’re coming out more and more everyday and really does make him look like the poor man’s flame wrasse.

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my fellow wrasse lovers… or if you need help falling asleep… an article I wrote about one of my favorite wrasses :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got any updates for us?

In the meantime, I finally got a 4 way display on the go! First two went into display like usual, the two Lubbock’s then the naoko went ham at them. And finally… The flasher revealed a vibrant blue dorsal fin. The other colours were hard to see under heavy blue lights but the anal fin went a deep colour (Possibly red). Wish I could get a photo of all 4 in full display but the blue lights would’ve hated the phone camera.

OP
OP
SaltyT

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got any updates for us?

In the meantime, I finally got a 4 way display on the go! First two went into display like usual, the two Lubbock’s then the naoko went ham at them. And finally… The flasher revealed a vibrant blue dorsal fin. The other colours were hard to see under heavy blue lights but the anal fin went a deep colour (Possibly red). Wish I could get a photo of all 4 in full display but the blue lights would’ve hated the phone camera.
Still dealing with high phosphates (1.7) so I'm going to try a little phosguard. No visible algae probably thanks to my foxface, but I do have some cyano creeping along the edge of the glass.

Do you have a camera with a flash? That's how I take most of my fish photos, the flash makes the blue light a non-issue. My phone even with filters doesn't capture the true colors of my fish like a traditional camera does. Although, I have seen nice photos taken with a Pixel phone.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back