Wrasses and clams?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
40,649
Reaction score
67,833
Location
Fontana, California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got a number of reef-safe wrasses in my tank, and now I'm thinking about buying a clam. Should I worry at all?
 
I've got a yellow-tail tamarin, a bipartitus leopard, a few flashers, and a pair of H. malanurus. I'm planning to add a few fairy wrasses later on.
 
Daniel I've never had any issues with Wrasses harming clams, just the opposite as many are predators to Clam pests ie: Pyramidal Snails and Bristle Worms.

Cheers, Todd
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new