Wrasses

• Thread starter reef-nut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

reef-nut

View Badges
All anyone talks about are wrasses. Does anyone have any other fish they would like to talk about. Thanks!!

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talbot's Damsel (Chrysiptera Talboti)
Chrysiptera%20talboti.JPG

A great little fish without the terror damsel demeanor. I originally got 4 of these a few months back for my 30g (36x18x12tall) tank because of their look, smaller size, and affordable price. My flameback angel gave them the stereotypical new to the tank hazing by chasing them around for a few days. After the initial hazing they settled in and found their spots in the tank.

Once everybody was setup there was some aggression towards each other and I eventually had to separate one of the damsels from getting beat by the others. After getting that poor little guy into a new tank he quickly fattened up and grew all his fins back. After doing some tank maintenance I ended up pulling all my fish out of the tank for a 2 week period before reintroducing them all back into a newly designed display tank.

The new setup has a few more rock structures which gave me the courage to place all the damsels back into the tank for another trial run. So far it has gone well and while they have once again setup their territories they aren't teaming up on one particular fish anymore.

Overall I really like this fish and would encourage others to consider a little bit of color in their system with this small damsel. The one thing I would have done differently would be to allow more space for these little fish, perhaps 1 for each 12x12 footprint. They do not attack other fish like most damsels, but they do defend their own territory from each other.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back