Wrassess Get Too Much Attention....Anthias Lovers Thread!

  • Thread starter Thread starter JDowns
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
IMG_0995.JPG


IMG_1002.JPG
 
Great thread! Lover and keeper of both here! Currently low on fish stock, but housing a Lyretail trio and a borb.

Previously housed harems of Ventralis, Flavoguttatus, Lori, Smithvansi, and a lone Fathead. Wrasse on the other hand...would be easier to make a list of "never have I had."
 
This thread was a bad idea! I so want a fathead now! :p
 
Great thread! Lover and keeper of both here! Currently low on fish stock, but housing a Lyretail trio and a borb.

Previously housed harems of Ventralis, Flavoguttatus, Lori, Smithvansi, and a lone Fathead. Wrasse on the other hand...would be easier to make a list of "never have I had."

How long ago did you have the ventralis and how long for? I have a pair now for 2 years or so but been searching the whole time for more. They sure are hard to find
 
How long ago did you have the ventralis and how long for? I have a pair now for 2 years or so but been searching the whole time for more. They sure are hard to find

It's been a few years. I had a group of 9. The 9 slowly dwindled down to 5 over 6 months or so. The five lasted another year until velvet wiped out my entire tank.

They are still available from time to time.
 
I have had bad everiences with anthias and have swore them off. I've been converting to a Wrasse tank. Sorry.
 
Love both. Have a melanrus, yellow-fin flasher, black-fin McCosker flasher, and Lubbock's. I QT I have 5 female and 1 male lyre tail anthias. 2 of the females have me worried as they're not very active but I've expected to find one or both dead the last few mornings and when I turn the lights on they swim around a bit before going back to their resting place. They also do come out for food. Would love to get all of them through QT, beautiful fish for sure.
 
It's been a few years. I had a group of 9. The 9 slowly dwindled down to 5 over 6 months or so. The five lasted another year until velvet wiped out my entire tank.

They are still available from time to time.

How did they do in qt?
 
I like Anthias, but I would only keep them if I had a big tank. In a small tank they would be taking up valuable fish count, and they don't really do a 'reef job' like a tang or a wrasse or a sand sifting goby does.
 
I have had bad everiences with anthias and have swore them off. I've been converting to a Wrasse tank. Sorry.
Me too! What's the secret to keeping Anthias alive?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new