Wtb LED light

Status
Not open for further replies.

thnugg865

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting up a new reef want a LED to light my 20. Anyone got a light for sale?

SLUF681

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk to TrainWreck. He should be along at some point today. I'll send him a text and bring it to his attention so maybe he'll see it this afternoon.

ontop27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new hydra. Any interest in purchasing three par 30 bulbs from rapid led? Two are all blue one is half blue half white

OP
OP
thnugg865

thnugg865

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey sluf i guess trainwreck didn't get on?

TrainWreck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Led

Give me some info on your tank, is it a standard 20 or a long .. What type of coral you will be housing in said tank, dimensions , fully controllable/programmable? just let me know I would be more than glad to build you one for your tank..

Thanks Trainwreck

OP
OP
thnugg865

thnugg865

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant give you much info on types of coral really still new to reef tanks. I've kept freshwater for years. I have a 30 bowfront I got off Craigslist a few months back and im slowly learning. The tank is a 20 long. Im just looking for a good all around light. How much extra does it cost ti make one programable?

OP
OP
thnugg865

thnugg865

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well really don't know much about it to be honest can you make some suggestions not sure what all is possible

TrainWreck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easiest way is look at the ai sol and the hydra. Or the radion and figure out which one you like the most and we can copy the spectrom

OP
OP
thnugg865

thnugg865

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok is there a site that compares all three?

SLUF681

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be several sites with comparisons. I have to say, as a "TrainWreck LED" user, I LOVE these lights. I have all sorts of corals and all seem to be happy, light wise.

OP
OP
thnugg865

thnugg865

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
• 8x Cree XP-G Cool White LEDs • 8x Cree XP-E Blue LEDs • 10x Cree XP-E Royal Blue LEDs • 4x Cree XP-E Green LEDs • 4x Osram Oslon SSL Hyper Red LEDs i think this sounds good but really i dont need all the programable stuff just so it has a dimmer im happy

SLUF681

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you may be a little heavy on your green and red numbers. I assume it's a 20 long? You'd probably be a lot happier with something like I have. I'm lighting a 40 breeder with a light 20" long with 11 whites, 15 blues, 6 UVs, 1 red and 1 green. Previously, I lit my tank with a 250W 20,000k metal halide. I'm running this setup at approximately 30% now! Also, I think you'll enjoy the programmable features of the controller. It's pretty nice not having the sudden ON or the sudden OFF in the morning and night. The moon phases are awesome too, and according to some marine biologists can actually aid in coral spawning, something that usually doesn't happen in aquaria.

Where are you located? Perhaps you could swing by one day and see mine?

Last edited:

ZR440

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Build My Led 12" light for sale. I used it 4 months and then unfortunately had to take my tank down in a move. Don't have time to set it back up. It is basically new. The light specs are listed below taken from the the website @ Build My LED Custom LED Lights for DIY Horticulture Aquarium Hobby Lighting

I have the light which includes ballast (paid $140) and the manual dimmer switch (paid $14.99)

$100 shipped to your door.

Kirk T.

Product Description
A beautiful reef spectrum with an additional boost in the UV and blue portion of the spectrum...

This is the Very High Output version of our already powerful 14000K Reef Spectrum fixture. The 14000K Reef Spectrum XB Series deilvers 27% more light than our original 14000K Reef Spectrum. The XB Series uses the same amount of electricity and contains the same LED colors that are used in the original series.

This spectrum contains more blue than our 12,000K Reef Spectrum fixture while generating the proper wavelengths needed by the Zooxanthellae algae which produce food needed for the survival and growth of most hard and soft corals. We’ve taken great care to select a combination of industrial quality LEDs to provide measurably better color rendering capabilities than other 14,000K lights. The result is a fixture that reveals the rich colors in your corals and dramatically enhances the overall appearance of the tank.

Use in conjunction with the Super Actinic Reef spectrum for a wide range of eye-popping fluorescence from your corals. Use in conjunction with the Pure UV spectrum to maximize the green fluorescent from you corals. Use in conjunction with the Purple Wave spectrum to enhance the red, orange and yellow fluorescent response from your corals. Click on the Product Info tab below to review the technical details of this fixture.

Recommended for: Reef keepers who desire a full spectrum light that subtly enhances the blue colors in a reef aquarium. Many of our customers say it is the perfect reef spectrum for single fixture aquariums.

OP
OP
thnugg865

thnugg865

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey sluff that sounds pretty cool but does it require a computer to set up because i don't own a computer once i got into fish keeping cable tv and computers became less amusing to me but i live in between maryville and greenback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%

Back