WWC 630g Build Thread!!! The 300g Is Down!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

8pixel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunningly beautiful aquarium! Whats equally impressive is the fact that these shots were taken with a D90. I've tried every which way with my D90 and never got anything beyond blue photos regardless of white balance. No issues capturing color with my cheaper point and shoot though. If you could share any secrets to capturing such amazing fluorescence with the D90 it would be greatly appreciated since i thought it was impossible before seeing these shots.

Catra2030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What favia is to the upper left of the war and peace favia?

35hOU4.jpg

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like my DREAM TANK. :D I could sit happily in front of that tank for HOURS and HOURS... :) Well done guys on putting together an amazing setup.

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank you guys have there at WWC! What do you guys do as far as water changes? How much and how often do you perform them?

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like my DREAM TANK. :D I could sit happily in front of that tank for HOURS and HOURS... :) Well done guys on putting together an amazing setup.
Thank you for the nice comment.

Question... We are building a 310 Gallon system as a DT in the shop. How did running the 2 Eheim Compact 5000 pumps work out for you? We have been looking at the SICCE SYNCRA HF 12.0 PUMP (3200 GPH) but we dont want the water rushing through the sump and fuge.
The Eheims work great, we love them.

Beautiful tank you guys have there at WWC! What do you guys do as far as water changes? How much and how often do you perform them?
20% every 2 weeks is our usual rule of thumb for all our systems

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunningly beautiful aquarium! Whats equally impressive is the fact that these shots were taken with a D90. I've tried every which way with my D90 and never got anything beyond blue photos regardless of white balance. No issues capturing color with my cheaper point and shoot though. If you could share any secrets to capturing such amazing fluorescence with the D90 it would be greatly appreciated since i thought it was impossible before seeing these shots.
Do not use the cameras white balance, shoot in RAW and edit the white balance in software like Lightroom.

ianmcalpin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive read over most of World Wide Corals threat and there is one question i have yet to come across. So what is world wide corals top five favorite chalices? and a lot of people are gunna say the obvious but in everyone has the own preference so lets see what world wide corals top 5 favorite chalices

Sway70

Team Shallow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything else you guys put along the bottom of the tank? I know you guys put down starboard, but what gives it that dry greyish look?
Is that Coraline built up?

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seriously going to tell my wife we're going to florida for a vacation on the beach, but the real reason will be to go to WWC and see this tank in person!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive read over most of World Wide Corals threat and there is one question i have yet to come across. So what is world wide corals top five favorite chalices? and a lot of people are gunna say the obvious but in everyone has the own preference so lets see what world wide corals top 5 favorite chalices
Victor is the resident chalice fiend. But my top 5 would be Sugar Mama, Jellybean, Hot Stuff, Shockwave, Electric Koolaid.

Is there anything else you guys put along the bottom of the tank? I know you guys put down starboard, but what gives it that dry greyish look?
Is that Coraline built up?
Yes thats coralline algae.

I'm seriously going to tell my wife we're going to florida for a vacation on the beach, but the real reason will be to go to WWC and see this tank in person!
We hear that a lot. :)

New pics of the show tank coming soon..

dmjr1201

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a customer at WWC for a few years now and I still don't get tired of it. I'm only 15 min. away. The corals completely awesome. The growth outstanding, customer service is great! Lou , Vic, and Ryan the masterminds. What's next for these Vikings to conquer.... lol. Actually on my way there now to pick up an order.

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two quick questions for you on the lighting in your tank. Are your T5s overdriven or nominally driven. Second, are the reefbrites 50/50 or all blue? Really like the colors on this tank and would like to recreate them on my 120 I'm putting back up after 4 years.

Regards,
Taylor

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two quick questions for you on the lighting in your tank. Are your T5s overdriven or nominally driven. Second, are the reefbrites 50/50 or all blue? Really like the colors on this tank and would like to recreate them on my 120 I'm putting back up after 4 years.

Regards,
Taylor
Hey Taylor,

The T5's are not overdriven and the ReefBrites are all blue.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back