Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, that's a great way for the market to grow.

Clean, carefully-tended trusted sellers can charge more from a market with money to pay.

Unknown people on CL and eBay can sell for cheaper, with potentially less trust, and higher risk.

You (and I, I'm not rich and am just getting started) can take our risks with unknown people, or try to find more reputable local/eBay sellers -- which I am definitely going to have to do as well.

But hopefully those sellers will build reputations and the market will grow and they'll be able to build known brands as well, and make some nice profits off of people with more money to spend.

Cool, more people in CT, hopefully more trading and more business!

sure. But I guess the whole point that’s driving the price up for the hobby. Like name brand pumps you guys can easily guess it, $400 on a wave maker? Nope.

raketemensch

Ape That Likes Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure. But I guess the whole point that’s driving the price up for the hobby. Like name brand pumps you guys can easily guess it, $400 on a wave maker? Nope.

Well, I won't spend $400 on a wave maker, and neither will you. So there will still be a market for people like us, because we will spend *some* money, just not stupid money, and someone will want our dollars, or yen, or euros or whatever.

I'll build a reef-pi or two or three, and never buy an Apex, but I'm still glad it exists for the people who buy them.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shipping costs are negated if buy in bulk from most vendors. So instead of adding a coral here a coral there. Wait, buy 7 or 12 at once and the shipping is waved or comes to some small dollar amount per frag.

They probably won’t be who i shop with next but that has more to do with their frag packs are smaller than some of their competitors and need to fill In quite a bit of area.

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw someone selling an acan for$750 on here today. $750 for a polyp or 2. Crazy! I think swapping and trading is a better way the hobby should go. There's a lot of corals being grown. Soon everything will be common or available. Just a thought

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw someone selling an acan for$750 on here today. $750 for a polyp or 2. Crazy! I think swapping and trading is a better way the hobby should go. There's a lot of corals being grown. Soon everything will be common or available. Just a thought

Yes. But it is super duper rare...... he said so. Extreme-Cool-Ranch-Gluten Free-Vegan Acan....

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I won't spend $400 on a wave maker, and neither will you. So there will still be a market for people like us, because we will spend *some* money, just not stupid money, and someone will want our dollars, or yen, or euros or whatever.

I'll build a reef-pi or two or three, and never buy an Apex, but I'm still glad it exists for the people who buy them.

jacked up price will never get my money. there’s a store where I work has their stuffs way too expensive that I have never shop their. While a place about 30 mins away has cheaper price, more selections and have sales time to time. I have spent quite some money their.

I get that certain store at a certain location has to pay higher rents but you chose to be

How about a member posted a two heads of purple tips hammer for $125 if I remember correctly.

no offense to the member who posted that but a two heads purple tips usually sells $40-$80 in retail stores.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d still give them a good review in total
I really hate to complain as well and don’t want to turn this into a review because in total I can say they are good hearted people especially in the beginning.
They used to be good back in the day but the larger they have gotten the more expensive and lesser the quality of frags. I feel they kinda have the monopoly on things I have do not buy that much from them anymore other then sales since I have others I like to buy from more often but I lose most of there acros feel they rush the healing process a little The last 8-9 I have bought from them have had stn on them or stned in a week even though they have a good guarantee. The last freebie I got about 3 live sales ago was a single polyp of pandoras... like really a single polyp of a Pandora that’s pretty much a weed. Other freebies I’ve gotten from vendors have included a tiny Sunkist bounce, wwc tasers, ck soul suckers, red dragon. Then let’s not forget about the time I bought a stick on a livesale paid almost $220 for it came half stned so I called them they said they would send a new one on next order so no problem. I place a order about 3-4 months after I call and they said okay we can cut you one but needs healed so I said okay no problem.. get call next day saying they don’t have that one and can’t cut any bit would send a similar stick so I was like okay. Get my order and they sent a Christmas mirabilis which is nice but like a $50 frag or $100 In there book and not even close to what my original one was and worth. I still respect wwc but have many other vendors that come before them. But there are certainl
On the good note they are pest free which I like because I try my best to maintain a pest free system. But you gotta remember no system is completely pest free no mater what people say and doesn’t matter who you get your corals from DIP your corals!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back