WWC Somewhere Over the Rainbow Milli...

Reefing8EZ

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well when the orginal five frags went on sale from WWC I was one of the first five to get a frag of this piece. I don't have a picture of the mother colony but I do have a picture of a frag I recently sold.
photobucket-14236-1324603332528.jpg

Finally, the legend appears, nice looking frag. Would love to see a MC shot. Also what's the acro in your avatar?

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally, the legend appears, nice looking frag. Would love to see a MC shot. Also what's the acro in your avatar?

Haha "legend"....

I think non-WWC pics of this coral are rarer than the coral itself!

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude that's a sick frag. The frag I got was like the size of one of the lower nubs. Understandable though because of how limited it seems to be.

Well when the orginal five frags went on sale from WWC I was one of the first five to get a frag of this piece. I don't have a picture of the mother colony but I do have a picture of a frag I recently sold.
photobucket-14236-1324603332528.jpg

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from WWC about a year ago but Ive move and it has been moved around from tank to tank. It seems like every time it stars to color up a start growing i move it again. It was red blue and green a few weeks ago but now its back to brown with a little blue. I working on setting up the best SPS setup Ive ever had and it will have a great spot with lots of room to grow but for now it has to live in my frag tank.

1328295015.jpg

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't doubt these are in circulation but would like to see a daylight pic of one thats colored up like the vendors

Gimme a few months and you'll have your pic. I know someone local to me with a mini-colony. I'll try to get him to post pics.

Checkitout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The acro in my avatar was a browned out $10 frag that I bought and now looks like that. I am in the process of getting it to become a tyree limited edition coral. To be honest with you the acro in my avatar has more colors than the somewhere over the rainbow acro.

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The acro in my avatar was a browned out $10 frag that I bought and now looks like that. I am in the process of getting it to become a tyree limited edition coral. To be honest with you the acro in my avatar has more colors than the somewhere over the rainbow acro.

you should find out where that colony is that the $10 frag came from. Is that all you have of it?

Reefing8EZ

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's very nice! Great find, I noticed it looked better but didn't want to say..

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me this is no average mill my freind has a little mini colony I gave him its stunning in his tank.

Checkitout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should find out where that colony is that the $10 frag came from. Is that all you have of it?
It came in from a local reef shop. He had some browned out frags in his shop and I noticed that piece had a little blue tint to it. All of the other ones died a few days latter due to some issues with his tanks. So I feel as though this is the only piece that is remaining. I haven't fragged it yet even though everyone who saw this piece wanted a frag.

gumby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lost my frag I got from wwc which was a BIG frag! in an accident:( still upset about that one but if someone has a piece available pm please

poidog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mine was DOA from WWC several months ago and it was just a little nub too. I think it was too small to recover from the shipping stress. I'm still waiting for a replacement to be ready, and WWC hasn't been good with communication lately.

Here is a picture of someone here in Chicago that has had it for about a year.
IMGP0045.JPG

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was DOA from WWC several months ago and it was just a little nub too. I think it was too small to recover from the shipping stress. I'm still waiting for a replacement to be ready, and WWC hasn't been good with communication lately.

Here is a picture of someone here in Chicago that has had it for about a year.
IMGP0045.JPG

So this is a year's growth?

sportzfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it has to be pretty high in the water column in order to obtain the colors.

I got mine from WWC about a year ago but Ive move and it has been moved around from tank to tank. It seems like every time it stars to color up a start growing i move it again. It was red blue and green a few weeks ago but now its back to brown with a little blue. I working on setting up the best SPS setup Ive ever had and it will have a great spot with lots of room to grow but for now it has to live in my frag tank.

1328295015.jpg

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me this is no average mill my freind has a little mini colony I gave him its stunning in his tank.

I can attest to that, LOL. Give me a month or two and it will have several nice branches to take a photo off. The colors are certainly there, its a beautiful milli...

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it has to be pretty high in the water column in order to obtain the colors.

Its in a frag tank thats 12'' deep with a 250w 14k in a lumenMAx I started the light a little high after the move. its in 300-350 par right now. I dont want to blast it to fast after keeping it going this long.

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can somebody post a pic from WWC
Would be nice to see what we're shooting for

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back