WWC Somewhere Over the Rainbow Milli...

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
corals can and will lose their popularity after a while and will become more common eventually. The tyree label is just a marketing hype to inflate the price and keep it there for as long as possible, which I'm not knocking down at all but to associate tyree with the term limited edition is a joke to me

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol Im well aware of tyree and what he can do for a coral....I just think its rather funny to see people give away frags of their coral just so he can capitalize on it.
the tyree volcano is an example. he recently bought it and slapped his name on it but people fall for that type of marketing all the time and I guess he made a name for himself in the past so I will give him props for making people associate premium corals to his name

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've said it before...

If u don't like le corals don't buy them !! I love le sps like the swotr milli which I paid a decent buck for but if I'm lucky enough to grow it out I can frag it sell few pieces make my $ back maybe buy a new le piece down the road ! This is awesome for the hobby because it keeps a coral in aquariums getting hardier over the years and it's 1 less being taken from ocean! Soo I just don't get all the tyree le bashers weird u don't see the same thing with chalices that often and they go for ten times what sps goes for !

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and this is probably checkitout's strategy as well so he can charge more with that name brand and have it credited to himself by tyree although I think he can charge a good price without it because its such a nice looking coral tyree'd or not

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't even know the sotr was tyree as well. lol onward with the sort pics! and steve, if you're reading this, you're cool in my book, wanna buy some frags?

Checkitout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and this is probably checkitout's strategy as well so he can charge more with that name brand and have it credited to himself by tyree although I think he can charge a good price without it because its such a nice looking coral tyree'd or not
Yea I'm still debating on weither or not to make it a tyree coral. I was only doing it because it is such a nice piece that it needs to be shown off. I have the two pieces, sotr and mine, side by side and by far mine has more colors in it, it has every color of the rainbow.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my piece that started from 2 tiny nubs. Its really starting to take off now, in color and growth.

IMG_0834.jpg

Checkitout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, I'll try to take some more photos of it and post it. Does that species of acro closely resemble milli.

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back