WWC Somewhere Over the Rainbow Milli...

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checkitout that's definitely something special! Can wait till it grow out ! Wanna sell it lol

pmomberger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's the one in the middle, looks deep purple in this pic but has pale green base and magenta edges on coralites

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a frag from SPS coral store this past weekend-
It was hard to take a colony photo but the shop owner cut me a good 2 branch frag for cheap-

Next to the yellow tangs head-
IMG_0088.jpg

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a frag from SPS coral store this past weekend-
It was hard to take a colony photo but the shop owner cut me a good 2 branch frag for cheap-

Next to the yellow tangs head-
IMG_0088.jpg
g

Saw your post about SPS coral store and went to check it out. Lots of amzing, wonderful colonies of named beautiful corals. Aaron is really knowledgable, the owner.

IMO, I think this particular coral just may be more hype than reality. Not super bright, not super colorful. Maybe it has potential but for a coral with a lot of potential and excitement , it is amazing that nobody has a colored up colony that looks impressive. Will continue to keep my eye out for this one. I got a frag months ago, but either I got duped (or the seller got confused on his frags) or its more of waiting for it to color up to its potential. I am certainly having reservations about this particular coral.

I passed on getting a second frag of the SOTR, but I did get a frag of that colony to the right of the yellow tang's tail.

Last edited:

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
g

Saw your post about SPS coral store and went to check it out. Lots of amzing, wonderful colonies of named beautiful corals. Aaron is really knowledgable, the owner.

IMO, I think this particular coral just may be more hype than reality. Not super bright, not super colorful. Maybe it has potential but for a coral with a lot of potential and excitement , it is amazing that nobody has a colored up colony that looks impressive. Will continue to keep my eye out for this one. I got a frag months ago, but either I got duped (or the seller got confused on his frags) or its more of waiting for it to color up to its potential. I am certainly having reservations about this particular coral.

I passed on getting a second frag of the SOTR, but I did get a frag of that colony to the right of the yellow tang's tail.

I think that's vivids rainbow acro to the right of the tail- I picked up a frag of that also- the sotr deff has potential, for the price aaron was charging I was willing to give it a shot! I asked him about it coloring up more and he said his colony at home matches the wwc pic pretty close. Ill see if he can shoot us a img link

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to be patient and for a mille is seems pretty sensitive. Mine took a hit due to some neglect but is bouncing back nicely. I had it looking amazing for a bit and it was every bit worthy of the "hype", something that I cant say for a lot of the recent offerings from many of the vendors on here($$$).

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a piece about two months ago and it is starting to color up now, it browned out also from shipping, still doesn't look perfect so i may wait for a pic, it is encrusting very fast though, already off plug and on surrounding rock i will add though it was already encrusted on the plug a decent amount

Sent from my VS950 4G using Forum Runner

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to see if a couple of frags I have could possibly be SOTR. I know I never purchased it, but I have purchased some "rainbow millis". After having some issues a year ago during my upgrade, I thought these two frags were both small nubs of my diablo milli, but you can clearly see in my second photo that the unknown milli (right) is very different from my diablo milli (left). What do you think?
CSC_0197_zps0890c373.jpg

CSC_0198_zps34e0018f.jpg

DSC_0193_zps3ca460e8.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back