WWC Somewhere Over the Rainbow Milli...

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The acro in my avatar was a browned out $10 frag that I bought and now looks like that. I am in the process of getting it to become a tyree limited edition coral. To be honest with you the acro in my avatar has more colors than the somewhere over the rainbow acro.
Awesome coral checkitout and congrats on the find. I don't think it needs a tyree stamp of approval or give him the credit. you should call it checkitout's rainBLOW explosion

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1328375830.jpg

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the wwc pic. I'd love to see how it looks in others tanks, there's got to be someone. I saw it when I was at wwc but it was off color due to being fragged.

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
labeling it tyree is great for hyping a coral or making it known since tyree has a reputation for being one of the original reefers from back in the day. personally I wouldn't if i had to give him a frag for free but if wants to buy it then by all means, call it whatever you like

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
labeling it tyree is great for hyping a coral or making it known since tyree has a reputation for being one of the original reefers from back in the day. personally I wouldn't if i had to give him a frag for free but if wants to buy it then by all means, call it whatever you like
lol Im well aware of tyree and what he can do for a coral....I just think its rather funny to see people give away frags of their coral just so he can capitalize on it.

ckozma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a tiny 1/2" nub of SOTR Milli from Carolina Aquaria. I put it high in the tank under LED's, and it looks great so far. No pics yet, it's too tiny!

UFreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree its silly but if it becomes a Tyree coral then you can sell 1/2" nubs for $200 alot easier

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if it becomes tyree it does up the price however it gets the piece more known throughout other reefers which is goodd. Everyone should know and have a chance to get that wonderful piece, only downside is its s expensive, but sometimes i feel that makes the hobby more fun. If everything was cheap i'd have everycoral already and nothing to look foward too. Its fun to learn from experiences and stay in the hobby and try to get to that top level which i consider many eople on this site at that level, including the more popular ones such as ian, mpoletti, pnoym sexy, ktar, etc.

UFreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if it becomes tyree it does up the price however it gets the piece more known throughout other reefers which is goodd. Everyone should know and have a chance to get that wonderful piece, only downside is its s expensive, but sometimes i feel that makes the hobby more fun. If everything was cheap i'd have everycoral already and nothing to look foward too. Its fun to learn from experiences and stay in the hobby and try to get to that top level which i consider many eople on this site at that level, including the more popular ones such as ian, mpoletti, pnoym sexy, ktar, etc.

Well said. It definitely looks like a stunner and I'm sure a bunch of people will be willing to pay good money for a frag...myself included. Good luck with the submittal.

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I got this pic from the Tyree site. For me the idea that my piece under the right conditions could look like this is part of the fun. I like to watch it turn colors. Just in the last week I can see some of the red coming back.

But it would be nice to know that someone other than worldwide has gotten it to look like this.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 32.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back