WWW BOUNCE MUSHROOM UNBELIEVABLY INSANE

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend picked the one on the back at the rap and the one on front I bought here ... Both are Wwc... My question is the color... What's the reason behind it like the one in the front is less orange and most bubbles are yellow green and the one behind is mostly orange and just spots of greens?
image.jpeg

Purple Platapus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!!
Do anyone here know what makes a bounce, well, bounce? What lets them develope those bubbles and not remain a flat rhodactis?

OP
OP
trickyrich

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably like breeding anything you get variations and those with green bubbles will tend to keep having green bubble babies and those with orange tend to keep having orang

787will

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry but im going to go off on a little rant here.....

Im not taking away from the bounce mushroom in any way because it one cool looking coral. But im sorry but no coral especially one that is easy to aquaculture and has been around awhile justifies the price people and vendors are putting on them! Its insane! Knuckleheads with more money than sense are ruining this hobby for us average joes. If someone can come up with a good write up that can justify a price of $500 or even 1K id love to see it, and i dont want to see this 'supply and demand' nonsense. POTO have just done an excellent write-up on the pricing of gem tangs that makes sense. Unfortunately coral prices nowadays are just ridiculous. I hate to say it but i think greed and people with too much money are dictating the market. Fortunately at least this forum has some good honest vendors with fair pricing!

OP
OP
trickyrich

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if this is not a bounce then what the heck is it?

image.jpeg

image.png
Looks like its from the rhodactis family if its bubbles get bigger you could say its a bounce but when there that small doesn't seem to count as a bounce

OP
OP
trickyrich

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry but im going to go off on a little rant here.....

Im not taking away from the bounce mushroom in any way because it one cool looking coral. But im sorry but no coral especially one that is easy to aquaculture and has been around awhile justifies the price people and vendors are putting on them! Its insane! Knuckleheads with more money than sense are ruining this hobby for us average joes. If someone can come up with a good write up that can justify a price of $500 or even 1K id love to see it, and i dont want to see this 'supply and demand' nonsense. POTO have just done an excellent write-up on the pricing of gem tangs that makes sense. Unfortunately coral prices nowadays are just ridiculous. I hate to say it but i think greed and people with too much money are dictating the market. Fortunately at least this forum has some good honest vendors with fair pricing!
Quick question how much did your salt water set up cost ... I I'm gonna say a few thousand so I'm guessing you know like everyone in the hobby its an expensive hobby.. Just like you can get a dog for free or pay 25k for a show dog you have a choice on what you buy just like in any hobby you want a 10,dollar rc car cool or go buy a 5,thousand dollar one its up to you and your budget just because this coral is priced out of you comfort zone or spending budget doesn't mean its priced to high .. Dose this seem like a fair response ??? Makes sense to me .

787will

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i get what your saying...... You get what you pay for, yes that makes sense, and im a firm believer in that saying. There will be a justification behind the price of a product or even animal like you have used in an example. Justifications being quality of workmanship and quality of materials used. But what im getting at is how is the pricing behind corals nowadays is justified! I understand new releases that a vendor has spent a lot of time and money conditioning it for aquarium life but even then its only a few hundred not 2, 3, 4 thousand plus!

OP
OP
trickyrich

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also even dogs are priced like this I bred Yorkshire terriers and I sell them all day long for 1k and up I have a family tree for all the dogs I have ever sold and a 5 generation lineage going back I sell quality dogs . I see people selling them all the time for around $500 same breed same size dog even and their is a price range this big other sell them for 2k and up so I tottaly agree with the wwc bounce mushroom price

OP
OP
trickyrich

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i get what your saying...... You get what you pay for, yes that makes sense, and im a firm believer in that saying. There will be a justification behind the price of a product or even animal like you have used in an example. Justifications being quality of workmanship and quality of materials used. But what im getting at is how is the pricing behind corals nowadays is justified! I understand new releases that a vendor has spent a lot of time and money conditioning it for aquarium life but even then its only a few hundred not 2, 3, 4 thousand plus!
That is kinda were the supply and demand part comes in, if there is a limited supply no matter the reason ... New , grows slow, hard to keep alive whatever the case!! is even tickets to a supper bowl game can be bought for $600 and resold for $6000 just because of its short supply and people want it that's basically the foundation of the USA ever hear the phrase buy low sell high. Even corn goes up in price when the supply is down one day is 10 for a dollar the next its a buck a pop and trust me most people with the really high end stuff spend a lot of time and money well beyond what a normal hobbyist with a basic tank dose. Bigger tank more chemicals and more expensive equipment... I have more to say but I have to get back to work ...

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is kinda were the supply and demand part comes in, if there is a limited supply no matter the reason ... New , grows slow, hard to keep alive whatever the case!! is even tickets to a supper bowl game can be bought for $600 and resold for $6000 just because of its short supply and people want it that's basically the foundation of the USA ever hear the phrase buy low sell high. Even corn goes up in price when the supply is down one day is 10 for a dollar the next its a buck a pop and trust me most people with the really high end stuff spend a lot of time and money well beyond what a normal hobbyist with a basic tank dose. Bigger tank more chemicals and more expensive equipment... I have more to say but I have to get back to work ...
I spend way more then the average hobbyist on corals and equipment but still find a way to sell corals for way less then I bought them! A lot of my frags run me anywhere from $75 to $500 each and for the most part I sell my frags for $25-$40 each and my frags are bigger then the original ones I purchase 90% of the time.
I get that everyone wants to be rich and famous(infamous) but the truth is people don't always have to try and get 10X more then they paid for something. If I buy a momma bounce for $1200-$1500 and cut it into 8 and sell every frag for $800 is that really fair? I mean aren't we as hobbyist supposed to help each other? I totally get why retailers have to charge a premium but hobbyist?
Lastly do you want everyone to charge you full retail for every piece you buy from here on out? I doubt it [emoji6]

OP
OP
trickyrich

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend picked the one on the back at the rap and the one on front I bought here ... Both are Wwc... My question is the color... What's the reason behind it like the one in the front is less orange and most bubbles are yellow green and the one behind is mostly orange and just spots of greens?
image.jpeg
That orange one may be cornbreds orang bubble bounce and not a wwc bounce this would explain the color difference

OP
OP
trickyrich

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spend way more then the average hobbyist on corals and equipment but still find a way to sell corals for way less then I bought them! A lot of my frags run me anywhere from $75 to $500 each and for the most part I sell my frags for $25-$40 each and my frags are bigger then the original ones I purchase 90% of the time.
I get that everyone wants to be rich and famous(infamous) but the truth is people don't always have to try and get 10X more then they paid for something. If I buy a momma bounce for $1200-$1500 and cut it into 8 and sell every frag for $800 is that really fair? I mean aren't we as hobbyist supposed to help each other? I totally get why retailers have to charge a premium but hobbyist?
Lastly do you want everyone to charge you full retail for every piece you buy from here on out? I doubt it [emoji6]
If your really selling 500 dollar frags for,$40 I'll take one of everything and throw in a bounce mushroom !! I'm sure you sell some cheap ones to friends now and again but I am a little skeptical about this .. Any way say your like most people and buy a $100 frag and a year later you frag it 10,times and sell them for $50 each frag your still making a $400 profit . and from the sounds of it you do this with lots of corals like a tax fee store with no overhead your making out with more $$$$$$money$$$$$$ than the people selling one really high priced coral. But we won't get into that. [emoji12] personally I have never sold a frag I have traded at swaps and given away to people new to the hobby but if I have a amazing bounce mushroom that lots and lots of people want and they are willing to pay good money for it I'm going to sell it for as much as I can get for it I don't think that's being greedy at all . now I could see if I was a company and discovered something really cool in the ocean and had a ton of it and was releasing just a little for big money that's kinda jacked.

Back to retail vs private tank sale
I think on everyday items most people would agree and tend to sell for 50-80% of retail price its rare you see someone selling a coral for full retail price to club member and friends but when something is hot its hot lol plain and simple I wouldn't expect someone to pay retail for a red mushroom or candy cane or birds nest coral but the rarer and harder to keep something is typically the closer to retail price your going to pay.

I always try to avoid retail price because I can hardly afford the hobby!! And your right I would not want to buy all my corals for retail!!

Trust me I would love if the most expensive corals were $50 I would have a much brighter and colorful display but that just not how things work [emoji17]
so for now, and the for seeable feature the high price of the bounce mushroom and all other high end corals is hear to stay .

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'm crazy or it sold but I only see the frag for 599
Go to jasonfoxsignaturecorals.com. Then go to WYSIWYG section. On the last page, fourth coral on the top row its a 2800 dollar bounce with 12 bubbles. It was my bad. Not cornbred, it was jason fox.

MOPAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I don't really like the bounce mushroom they have great color but just look odd to me. The price is high, but if people pay it then its a fair price imo. Just like with most things if everyone could have it then the desire for it would be less. Many products are sold for high prices even though they have low costs. Diamonds are a good example. High prices temporarily control the supply while demand it high. So for suppliers the 6k bounce was a justifiable opportunity to raise price prolonging the limited supply and increasing the time the bounce will be demanded. Retailers have to make money anyway they can. If they sold stuff off goodwill and "fair" prices they would likely close pretty fast. This is my humble opinion not trying to put anyone down.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back