OP
OP
trickyrich

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to jasonfoxsignaturecorals.com. Then go to WYSIWYG section. On the last page, fourth coral on the top row its a 2800 dollar bounce with 12 bubbles. It was my bad. Not cornbred, it was jason fox.
Your bad times like 3 lol I originally said he might have a cornbreds orange bounce witch only has orange bubbles witch is not the same as the wwc bounce .

The one jasonfox has is a wwc that happens to mostly have orange bubble slightly different mushroom.
And lastly I said eBay had it lol
Sorry for all the confusion things got a little mixed up somehow .
Anyway I hope he got a mostly orange wwc bounce because I'm sure thats what he paid for it

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your bad times like 3 lol I originally said he might have a cornbreds orange bounce witch only has orange bubbles witch is not the same as the wwc bounce .

The one jasonfox has is a wwc that happens to mostly have orange bubble slightly different mushroom.
And lastly I said eBay had it lol
Sorry for all the confusion things got a little mixed up somehow .
Anyway I hope he got a mostly orange wwc bounce because I'm sure thats what he paid for it
Oh...haha. i gotcha. All good man.

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your really selling 500 dollar frags for,$40 I'll take one of everything and throw in a bounce mushroom !! I'm sure you sell some cheap ones to friends now and again but I am a little skeptical about this .. Any way say your like most people and buy a $100 frag and a year later you frag it 10,times and sell them for $50 each frag your still making a $400 profit . and from the sounds of it you do this with lots of corals like a tax fee store with no overhead your making out with more $$$$$$money$$$$$$ than the people selling one really high priced coral. But we won't get into that. [emoji12] personally I have never sold a frag I have traded at swaps and given away to people new to the hobby but if I have a amazing bounce mushroom that lots and lots of people want and they are willing to pay good money for it I'm going to sell it for as much as I can get for it I don't think that's being greedy at all . now I could see if I was a company and discovered something really cool in the ocean and had a ton of it and was releasing just a little for big money that's kinda jacked.

Back to retail vs private tank sale
I think on everyday items most people would agree and tend to sell for 50-80% of retail price its rare you see someone selling a coral for full retail price to club member and friends but when something is hot its hot lol plain and simple I wouldn't expect someone to pay retail for a red mushroom or candy cane or birds nest coral but the rarer and harder to keep something is typically the closer to retail price your going to pay.

I always try to avoid retail price because I can hardly afford the hobby!! And your right I would not want to buy all my corals for retail!!

Trust me I would love if the most expensive corals were $50 I would have a much brighter and colorful display but that just not how things work [emoji17]
so for now, and the for seeable feature the high price of the bounce mushroom and all other high end corals is hear to stay .

Hey I guess I should of added in, I think you should sell your corals for whatever you want to! It's yours and not mine.
Now on to the "$500 coral" I actually have a couple corals that are just as much as a bounce. When I grow them out the frags will be decent prices because I'm not a retailer and I don't feel right charging retail price.
As far as me buying $100 corals and selling them a year later for $25-$40 I'm not really "Makin out" because if you've been in this hobby any amount of time you know how much $$$ goes into a well maintained reef. I don't have the greatest tank in the world but I do have a great tank full of 85% Sps and like I said I sell at a fraction of what I paid for bigger frags then I bought.
I do agree that hobbyist should be selling frags at 50%-60% under retail. Until they do they can keep their bounce. I'm not one to buy something for others to think I'm cool. I buy things I like, at prices I agree with. [emoji4]
As I said in the beginning though just because I feel this way doesn't mean I'm hating on you. If that's what you want to sell it for that's cool. I just wouldn't expect to many people to be banging down your door in the future to buy things from you.
Glws [emoji12]

OP
OP
trickyrich

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think you were trying to hate just wanted you to see it from another perspective good debate if nothing else no had feelings ☺. Keeling up a tank is very costly and I think selling tank grown frags is a good way to offset cost and great for the hobby and for the reef system!! the less we pluck the less we @#$% up out there in the ocean ..
Happy reefing to you!!

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That orange one may be cornbreds orang bubble bounce and not a wwc bounce this would explain the color difference
My friend picked this up at the rap as Wwc bounce I pmed the guy that sold it to him his name is Marty clevenger... I dunno what's his booth name was.. He told me though our conversation via email that he got it straight from victor which is I believe Wwc...unless some sellers at the rap are dishonest.. I don't think this guy would bring corals and sell them for what they are not

OP
OP
trickyrich

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend picked this up at the rap as Wwc bounce I pmed the guy that sold it to him his name is Marty clevenger... I dunno what's his booth name was.. He told me though our conversation via email that he got it straight from victor which is I believe Wwc...
I don't know the all the guys names but I'm sure its what he said it is post some more photos maybe some more natural looking one I can never see to many

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know the all the guys names but I'm sure its what he said it is post some more photos maybe some more natural looking one I can never see to many
My bad my original pic is under just blues here's with all my lights on.. all t5s.. One of bubble have orange greens and blue
image.jpeg

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you got it from Marty, then rest assured it's the real deal. Just to make sure, was this the booth toward the left rear of the building, near Sexy Corals?

OP
OP
trickyrich

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep Marty wouldn't sell you the wrong mushroom your all good just like dogs some come in different color variations

Stephanie11

Fragaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send double mouth wwc bounce to me. I'll cut it! I just cut one of mine yesterday. Not the first time I fragged it. They shrink down 3x-4x size after you cut them.

I'm seriously waiting until I have 8 frags before I let go of 1.

I'll practice cutting double mouth rics. Maybe I'll be the first one to have a 4 mouth wwc bounce.

Oh btw there is a 3 bubble frag on an auction site for $500 right now. Auction went from $1 to $500 in 5 hours so far. Ends tomorrow night at 9pm. So pricing is high.

Question to more seasoned mushroom fraggers. Do I need to cut the mouth or can I cut some of it and the frag will grow a new mouth?

Last edited:

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send double mouth wwc bounce to me. I'll cut it! I just cut one of mine yesterday. Not the first time I fragged it. They shrink down 3x-4x size after you cut them.

I'm seriously waiting until I have 8 frags before I let go of 1.

I'll practice cutting double mouth rics. Maybe I'll be the first one to have a 4 mouth wwc bounce.

Oh btw there is a 3 bubble frag on an auction site for $500 right now. Auction went from $1 to $500 in 5 hours so far. Ends tomorrow night at 9pm. So pricing is high.

Question to more seasoned mushroom fraggers. Do I need to cut the mouth or can I cut some of it and the frag will grow a new mouth?
Either will work but you will get a faster heal time fragging through the mouth. Growing a new mouth takes additional time.

Spit.fire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90% sure the 6000$ sale was due to a kid with alot of money with the sole intent to return with it to japan to sell it at auction (stuff goes for stupid amounts out there)

OP
OP
trickyrich

trickyrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90% sure the 6000$ sale was due to a kid with alot of money with the sole intent to return with it to japan to sell it at auction (stuff goes for stupid amounts out there)
If that was the case why did he just buy one and not all of them... Seems he would make more money if he came back with 5 of them ...
pockets weren't to deep after all lol

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it that the bubbles are more full / round on the one I have...but everyone else's seem to have bubbles that are shaped like nerds candy...?

6eea799a417d523af60a208f7b466b01.jpg
Holy crap those things are huge! [emoji6] From what everyone's been telling me I'd have to guess it's flow related. The bubbles love low flow and it seems yours are stretched out to the max.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back