Wyze - new set up

  • Thread starter Thread starter DmitryB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DmitryB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
1,241
Reaction score
961
Location
Hunter, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I got a Wyze v4 (4K) camera to keep an eye on my tank. A few issues. One is I can't get it to just stay on the aquarium, it wants to be smart and follow me around the room. Two, the lighting is totally blown out with the lights on! How are people dealing with this??

Also, the v4 does not seem to be compatible with the avid mounts. :(
WYZE_1783875871.945658.jpg
 
I use the Avid mount with the V4 camera. It fits for me. Up against the tank you dont get the blown out lighting you are showing in your pic. I don't use the filter that comes with the Avid Aqua mount. My picture is blue but not enough to keep me from seeing what I want to see.


20260712_182916_724BBA17-F81B-4D1F-B920-DDB07AC6D636.png
 
I use the Avid mount with the V4 camera. It fits for me. Up against the tank you dont get the blown out lighting you are showing in your pic. I don't use the filter that comes with the Avid Aqua mount. My picture is blue but not enough to keep me from seeing what I want to see.


20260712_182916_724BBA17-F81B-4D1F-B920-DDB07AC6D636.png
The camera square of the cam didn't seem to fit into the box... maybe I should try harder...
 
I think I have a different v4. I go the pan version because it was 4K resolution. And I don't think this version fits the adapter - I also don't think the camera can separate from its pedestal!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new