X1 PRO WiFi Dosing Pump - Kamoer

JamesZ.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know why the Kamoer - X1 PRO WiFi Dosing Pump only allows you to dose 24 times a day ???? And why only for 99 days a year ???

OP
OP
J

JamesZ.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of upgrading my kalkwasser pump to either a Neptune Dose or RedSea Dose 2. I have the Apex monitor, but the RedSea Dose 2 is almost $100 cheaper. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. thanks

Lividfanatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know why the Kamoer - X1 PRO WiFi Dosing Pump only allows you to dose 24 times a day ???? And why only for 99 days a year ???
If you want it to repeat the same dosing daily, then you just set it to "Every 1 Day". 99 days would be if you wanted it to loop through a 99 day schedule. 24x per day is just what they limit their software to. I use it on a buddies tank for Vodka and it works great. It also has a "continuous" setting if you want to run a small amount constantly throughout the day.

OP
OP
J

JamesZ.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want it to repeat the same dosing daily, then you just set it to "Every 1 Day". 99 days would be if you wanted it to loop through a 99 day schedule. 24x per day is just what they limit their software to. I use it on a buddies tank for Vodka and it works great. It also has a "continuous" setting if you want to run a small amount constantly throughout the day.
Looking through the setting and I'm not finding the continuous setting anywhere?

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because you have a pump that isn't continous duty.

This is continous duty:

This is NOT:

OP
OP
J

JamesZ.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like only the model

Kamoer X1 T has the continuous setting

OP
OP
J

JamesZ.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because you have a pump that isn't continous duty.

This is continous duty:

This is NOT:
got the "NOT" one :(

OP
OP
J

JamesZ.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune Dose or RedSea Dose 2. Which is the better upgrade?

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got the "NOT" one :(
One thing to think about with the continous duty pump is that the minium amount that you can dose is 1440 ml/day. This also only increments in 1440 ml/day. I use mine for top off, but it absolutely won't work for me for things like dosing.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune Dose or RedSea Dose 2. Which is the better upgrade?
If you have Neptune you stay in their universe, which can be advantagous. You can program in the Neptune application. Red Sea has their own application, and will be outside of Neptune. This breaks the advantage of one stop shop.

OP
OP
J

JamesZ.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have Neptune you stay in their universe, which can be advantagous. You can program in the Neptune application. Red Sea has their own application, and will be outside of Neptune. This breaks the advantage of one stop shop.
Well my tank (Redsea reefer 170) and everything else is Redsea lol. But, I don't really care much for the Redsea app. (controls my light), its slow and sometimes a pain to navigate. The Neptune cost about $100 more, and from reading the reviews, people are saying its very loud when operating.

Lividfanatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my tank (Redsea reefer 170) and everything else is Redsea lol. But, I don't really care much for the Redsea app. (controls my light), its slow and sometimes a pain to navigate. The Neptune cost about $100 more, and from reading the reviews, people are saying its very loud when operating.
I have the Neptune DOS and love it. It does make a higher pitch whine while dosing at lower speeds and can get quite loud when dosing a lot, but mine is behind a wall so I don’t hear it.

I really like the flexibility to use it with my trident, advanced apex programming or other probes.

OP
OP
J

JamesZ.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the RedSea Dose 2 from amazon, will be here on Wed. If it doesn't work out Amazon has free returns

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 49 52.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.6%
Back