X30 blue from AliExpress

Just got these in the other day, 3 total,and they are a real challenge to get to connect to wifi. 1st one went okay took several attempts. 2nd one wouldnt connect at all, but finally it connected 1st shot this evening, updated the time and saved, and got a timed out message... well now it doesnt respond at all. The light on the unit isnt blinking, so its connected still I suppose, and I tried a factory reset, so i could relink. The factory reset isnt working, so I just deted it from the app all togetherl, well its still connected.... tried to link it again, and it doesn't even show up in the wifi anymore bc its still linked (no flashing) idk what to do at this point. I unplugged my router to force it to disconnect, and see if it showed up on my wifi list, no luck. Replugged the router and it stopped flashing (connected) How do I get it disconnected if I cant factory reset it? TIA

Nick
Did you ever get this one working? I’m having exact same issue. It won’t let me factory reset with the buttons, and it won’t show a WiFi signal to connect to. It power on and cycles through the LEDs when I unplug and plug in.
 
Did you ever get this one working? I’m having exact same issue. It won’t let me factory reset with the buttons, and it won’t show a WiFi signal to connect to. It power on and cycles through the LEDs when I unplug and plug in.
I only got mine to reset by waiting a day, and for no rhyme or reason it worked the next day. It was a giant pain i the rear. I ended up returning them after a long period with the engineer on whatsapp showing everything that was happening. I never got them to work in the end. I got close with one, but wasnt about to spend days trying to get the other two to work.
 
I only got mine to reset by waiting a day, and for no rhyme or reason it worked the next day. It was a giant pain i the rear. I ended up returning them after a long period with the engineer on whatsapp showing everything that was happening. I never got them to work in the end. I got close with one, but wasnt about to spend days trying to get the other two to work.

Sucks. They’re great lights when they work. Thanks for the info.
 
I only got mine to reset by waiting a day, and for no rhyme or reason it worked the next day. It was a giant pain i the rear. I ended up returning them after a long period with the engineer on whatsapp showing everything that was happening. I never got them to work in the end. I got close with one, but wasnt about to spend days trying to get the other two to work.

And just like that for no reason it allowed me to factory reset and re-add. I’m back in business lol.
 
Sounds about right. The number one step is to update the firmware once you get connected before you do anything else.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new