Xanthurums SPS collection

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I know everyone here lives for SPS pics I figured I would start a thread to share whats growing in my tank. I do have a build thread but it does not seem to be gaining any momentum and let's be honest everyone just wants to see SPS anyway. I won't bother with all the specifics of the tank since you are welcome to check out the build thread if you really want to know all that but I will answer any questions.

I need to give a special shout out to my SPS mentor and friend @SawCJack00 who also runs www.epicaquaculture.com
This is the only vendor I buy from so if you like what you see hit him up. I will start things off with just a little taste of a few of my current favorites.

BC Teen Wolf, this thing has gone crazy yellow since I got it
20201019_101716.jpg

CC Maleficent
20201019_150316.jpg

Epic Aquaculture Cotton Candy Climax, just now getting the blue growth tips
20201019_150152.jpg

TSA Bill Murray what else is there to say!
20201019_150256.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@xxkenny90xx not exactly but since I only buy from him I figured he deserved the plug. Thanks for the compliment, stay tuned because there are many many more pics to come.

@The Camaro Show I can’t say for sure when exactly I got it because I lost my phone that had the pictures when I first got it. I did look back at some of my other posts and I know for sure I got it before 4th of July so I would say mid to late May. It was a fresh cut frag then and has been busy encrusting the last 4 months. I just noticed today that it has begun to sprout a new branch from the base! You have been driving me crazy with all of your pics as well man.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking awesome Eddie! Love the BC Teen Wolf's yellow. It's really popping! Thank you for the shout out too! Looking forward to more pics.

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from doing some work in Houston for 3 weeks to find a lot of new growth! Figured I would share some other corals before I start posting growth pics.
Big R Candyland
20201019_150333.jpg

RR Pink floyd
20201019_150857.jpg

Vivid Confetti
20201019_150349.jpg

CC Bahama Mama Mille
20201019_150230.jpg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you manage the tank while away for 3 weeks? I can barely make 10 days and always come home to some kind of (mostly minor) trouble. I have APEX, dosers and a CaRx but something always needs tweaking. These days not traveling much, but by summer things should be opening up a lot more and I gotta get my equipment into a more set/forget mode.

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @RedReefer

@ScottB I have everything dialed in pretty well and somewhat automated even though I don't have an apex or any controller. The tank is pretty self sufficient and was designed to be easy to take care of because I don't want to be fiddling with it all the time. This was nice when I didn't travel but now that I do it allows my wife to handle things. She has gotten better at caring for things but if it wasn't easy she would be in trouble and so would the tank. I've only been home 5 days since election night. The only thing she does while I'm away is feed the fish, fill the ATO and test Alk once a week and if necessary adjust the doser. I do all the big maintenance when I'm home and usually do a big water change just before I leave to minimize the possibility of problems. Might need to post more pics now that I think about it

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing collection!! Any chance you could pay a recent FTS? I read through your build thread - looks like a super healthy system!

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@stylolvr thanks for taking a look at the build thread which desperately needs an update. Here you go, I'm hoping to get new clip on filters tomorrow so this will have to do for now.
20201226_195339.jpg

@Perry I am honored and humbled to have you checking out my corals.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back