Xenia and GSP question

Eleni18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I happen to love the look of both pulsing xenia and green star polyps. After reading nightmare stories about both totally invading tanks, I have placed my pulsing xenia on its own rock island where it can touch nothing else. So far, so good. As I am expecting delivery of a GSP tomorrow, I am wondering if it would be feasible to place it on the same or adjacent rock to the xenia. Would they be OK or would one smother/outgrow the other? The other idea is to put the GSP on another separate rock, but that would maybe restrict the open space I have in the tank. Or else, glue the GSP frag on the far side wall of the tank and let it grow over that. What do you think?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will complete for space. Best if you give them thier own islands.

JBissell1289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience, xenia will grow over anything. Just lost some Birdsnest coral as a result. And since it’s quite a bit taller than gsp I could see it doing the same thing. Wall mounted gsp is nice. Been trying to get mine on the back glass... harder than you’d think.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience, xenia will grow over anything. Just lost some Birdsnest coral as a result. And since it’s quite a bit taller than gsp I could see it doing the same thing. Wall mounted gsp is nice. Been trying to get mine on the back glass... harder than you’d think.
Rock and silicone to the back wall

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My gsp grew up and over my pulsing xenia and killed some of it...even though the xenia was taller.

What little xenia I had left, I moved to a new rock away from the gsp.

lagnew904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My xenia actually grows slower than expected. My firecracker cloves have went from 3 to 11 heads in a month.

The xenia on the same rock as my BTA (nems choice not mine) I figured what the heck. Let nature do the trimming.

Back