XP AQUA Duetto ATO Setup

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had some problems with the ATO overflowing the tank before and took it offline,but I am out of town for work and my wife is going to come and visit me and I don't have anyone to top the tank off while she is gone and I have no choice but to use it.

Before,I had the ATO reservoir next to the tank,container being about an inch taller than the tank itself but the water level was not.

My question is,this go around,should I have my wife put the ATO container on a 2.5g bucket next to the tank ? Will that stop the overflowing or potential over flow ?

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had some problems with the ATO overflowing the tank before and took it offline,but I am out of town for work and my wife is going to come and visit me and I don't have anyone to top the tank off while she is gone and I have no choice but to use it.

Before,I had the ATO reservoir next to the tank,container being about an inch taller than the tank itself but the water level was not.

My question is,this go around,should I have my wife put the ATO container on a 2.5g bucket next to the tank ? Will that stop the overflowing or potential over flow ?
If I’m understanding you correctly, that would only make things worse. You want the ATO reservoir below the tank.

Do you have the siphon break on?

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It started a gravity feed. Even though the water level was lower, the hose still comes out of the top of the container. The hose height is what matters. The siphon won't break unless the container is either empty or air gets into the line. They comes with a siphon break though that goes in line with the tubing. Is that installed properly?

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would think so right ? But if I'm not mistaken the manual says something about being higher.

Correct,I did. Installed above the water line in the ato reservoir

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would think so right ? But if I'm not mistaken the manual says something about being higher.

Correct,I did. Installed above the water line in the ato reservoir
The manual should not say that. I have all of my ato containers lower than the tank. You won't have to worry about a siphon as long as the output of the hose is higher than the top off container. If you have a siphon break on, it may be installed backwards. There is an arrow on it that shows which direction the water flows.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The manual should not say that. I have all of my ato containers lower than the tank. You won't have to worry about a siphon as long as the output of the hose is higher than the top off container. If you have a siphon break on, it may be installed backwards. There is an arrow on it that shows which direction the water flows.
I have always had mine below the tank as well and never had a problem whatsoever.

I had the siphon break (with the little spout where the water drips out) pointed up,water drips out of the bottom.

So,basically I just need to put the ato container under the tank as I normally would or use a shorter container,because mine is a super tall column basically. This is basically the one I have.

The ato was working fine for about a month then started overflowing so hopefully putting it lower will solves the problem and not overflow the tank. Last 2 times it happened it did a number on salinity in a 4g cube lol. @Adamantium

Screenshot_20210124-191548_Samsung Internet.jpg

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had mine below the tank as well and never had a problem whatsoever.

I had the siphon break (with the little spout where the water drips out) pointed up,water drips out of the bottom.

So,basically I just need to put the ato counter under the tank as I normally would or use a shorter container,because mine is a super tall column basically. This is basically the one I have.

The To was working fine for about a month then started overflowing so hopefully putting it lower will solves the problem and not overflow the tank. Last 2 times it happened it did a number on salinity in a 4g cube lol.

Screenshot_20210124-191548_Samsung Internet.jpg
I'm not sure about water dripping out or any of that. Just pay attention to the arrow. Let me clarify with this crudely drawn image. See how the output is taller than the ato reservoir? The moment the pump stops, the siphon will break. If the output is below the water level in the reservoir, then it'll create a siphon and won't stop until the water level drops below the output.
20210124_173110.jpg

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be a siphon break and that would help. Would you like me to make a video of mine for you? I have the same one I believe.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back