XR15 G4 Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an issue with one of my XR15 G4's. The light works fine until its unplugged or we have a power cut, after power loss it wont turn on and I have to disconnect the power for a couple of hours then it will fire up.

I am guessing when I disconnect the power its draining the capacitors then its ok, has anyone come across this before?

Unfortunately we don't have anyone like @_AV over here in the UK that repaires them

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure this is not a schedule issue? It sure sounds like it. Radions always had issues sticking to schedules in general and after power outages in particular. If you can connect to the light after the power outage and reprogram it, the issue may not be electrical...

OP
OP
M

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure this is not a schedule issue? It sure sounds like it. Radions always had issues sticking to schedules in general and after power outages in particular. If you can connect to the light after the power outage and reprogram it, the issue may not be electrical...
Thanks for the reply. I cant do anything with it, it wont connect to Mobius or Reeflink all that happens is the buttons flash really quickly once then nothing. I have tried a different power supply and its the same

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. I cant do anything with it, it wont connect to Mobius or Reeflink all that happens is the buttons flash really quickly once then nothing. I have tried a different power supply and its the same
So buttons don't show any color at all after the initial flash?
Yeah, this is electrical and has to do with the power circuit.

OP
OP
M

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So buttons don't show any color at all after the initial flash?
Yeah, this is electrical and has to do with the power circuit.
I see, its strange that its fine after the capacitors have drained. Its almost as if its failing to boot and wont reset until all the residual voltage has drained.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back