Xr15 g5 fan

  • Thread starter Thread starter Duberz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Duberz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2013
Messages
217
Reaction score
53
Location
Central Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two xr15 g5 blues. Along with all the known problems I’m having I have noticed that I have never seen my fans on. They have been hooked up for a month or so running at 50%. I find this very odd. Anyone else experiencing this?
 
Did you change the fan settings in Mobius? The fans should be running.
 
Ok so I went in settings and changed the fan off enabled or something like that. Now the fans run non stop even when the lights are off.
 
Ok so I went in settings and changed the fan off enabled or something like that. Now the fans run non stop even when the lights are off.

Duberz,

This is normal. By default, the XR15 fan will only run as needed. It is thermostatically controlled and will begin running once the LED cluster reaches a designated temperature. Keep in mind, the fan may run little to never depending on your scheduling.
 
You should not be able to change the fan setting in a deleterious manner via mobius.
By normal is this off/on full blast or is the fan speed modulated based on the cooling requirements.
 
Do yours make same fan noise? I also have two xr15 G5 and one of them has a lower frequency nosie
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new