XR15 Replacement Fan.. Is there a 'generic' option?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheLost
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TheLost

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2019
Messages
127
Reaction score
94
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my XR15's has a fan going out. I've reached out to Ecotech Marine and their answer hasn't changed for the past few months... "we don't' know when we will have any in stock".

Does anybody know if there is a generic fan that fits the XR15 G4's? I'd have to think there is something on the market that would work.

All of my XR15's are the same age. If Echotech isn't going to stock replacement parts I may have to re-think my lighting.



Messages Image(491499034).png
 
I would say if there is it void the warranty.
 
They only have a 1-year warranty (2 years on the LED cluster)... and mine are over a year old. Voiding the warranty right now is the last of my worries.. as time goes on I fear there are no replacement parts.
 
Is this the new G5? If so there isn't a direct replacement as I believe it as custom made. There was a video at or around the time of launch when the engineer / designer talked about it and the heat sink.
 
They are G4's not G5's.

I'm leaning towards just moving the entire setup to something else.
 
I ordered a replacement online for a XR30 Gen 2, a while back, only one letter was missing from the model number. All the necessary specs matched. I can try and dig out who I ordered from, was a pretty large electronics suppliers, they still send me emails.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new