XR15 Replacement Fan.. Is there a 'generic' option?

TheLost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my XR15's has a fan going out. I've reached out to Ecotech Marine and their answer hasn't changed for the past few months... "we don't' know when we will have any in stock".

Does anybody know if there is a generic fan that fits the XR15 G4's? I'd have to think there is something on the market that would work.

All of my XR15's are the same age. If Echotech isn't going to stock replacement parts I may have to re-think my lighting.

Messages Image(491499034).png

OP
OP
TheLost

TheLost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They only have a 1-year warranty (2 years on the LED cluster)... and mine are over a year old. Voiding the warranty right now is the last of my worries.. as time goes on I fear there are no replacement parts.

U

User1

View Badges
Is this the new G5? If so there isn't a direct replacement as I believe it as custom made. There was a video at or around the time of launch when the engineer / designer talked about it and the heat sink.

Conchman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a replacement online for a XR30 Gen 2, a while back, only one letter was missing from the model number. All the necessary specs matched. I can try and dig out who I ordered from, was a pretty large electronics suppliers, they still send me emails.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back