XR30 G6 Radions have different spectral output on same settings

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a difference visually between all four of my Radions when on the same template and intensity grouped or ungrouped. I am disappointed in the inconsistency of these lights, given the price. I assume driver board or LED inconsistency leads to this, but you should not see the difference so clearly. I am attaching some Parwise screen captures to illustrate. I don't know how you get consistent lighting on a tank with this level of mismatch. All of the Lights have been calibrated and all channels work properly.

IMG_9378.JPG

left.jpeg

left.jpeg

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had the same problem but with ai primes new out of the box i ended up selling them as ai would do nothing about it for me . how old are they

OP
OP
Jonty

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 months old they have been like this since Day 1. I just got around to quantifying the issue today. Reeks of poor QA in production.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 months old they have been like this since Day 1. I just got around to quantifying the issue today. Reeks of poor QA in production.
From the picture of the lights I really can’t tell, but are you using a diffuser?

Another question, are the corals not responding well? Or is this visual discrepancy that is annoying?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back