Yasha Goby/Pistol Shrimp~ What is your favorite Saltwater relationship??

slav621

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Yasha Goby and Pistol shrimp is my favorite relationship to watch in my tank! What’s yours?

IMG_4138.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
the relationship between the red porcelain crab and my CSBBTA!

i don't have any pictures yet, since the positioning of the CSBBTA is in a awkward spot. and the red porcelain crab is still a bit small.

before this, it was my yasha goby and randall's shrimp before the yasha passed (twice) :(

OP
OP
slav621

slav621

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the relationship between the red porcelain crab and my CSBBTA!

i don't have any pictures yet, since the positioning of the CSBBTA is in a awkward spot. and the red porcelain crab is still a bit small.

before this, it was my yasha goby and randall's shrimp before the yasha passed (twice) :(
Sorry about your Yasha :confused-face:.How long did you have them before they passed?

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love a good clownfish. I should get an anemone for mine but I don't know much about anemones though.
If your tank is established and you are good about maintenance/water changes, and have good lighting, they are fairly easy. The worst thing about getting an anemone is they will move around until they find the spot they like. And you would do best to just leave them alone thru this process and let them do their thing. Otherwise you will just stress them out trying to get them where YOU want them to be. They are pretty awesome to watch.

OP
OP
slav621

slav621

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank is established and you are good about maintenance/water changes, and have good lighting, they are fairly easy. The worst thing about getting an anemone is they will move around until they find the spot they like. And you would do best to just leave them alone thru this process and let them do their thing. Otherwise you will just stress them out trying to get them where YOU want them to be. They are pretty awesome to watch.
My luck it would find a spot in the very back of the tank lol. I am pretty good with maintenance but not sure on the lighting part. I got my light from Amazon and it was only like $140. My corals do fairly well though. I have some zoas, blastos, green kenya tree and GSP. I wasn't seeing much growth though but I belive it is because I was not keeping my tank stable but I am back on track on more stable water conditions.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My luck it would find a spot in the very back of the tank lol. I am pretty good with maintenance but not sure on the lighting part. I got my light from Amazon and it was only like $140. My corals do fairly well though. I have some zoas, blastos, green kenya tree and GSP. I wasn't seeing much growth though but I belive it is because I was not keeping my tank stable but I am back on track on more stable water conditions.
If your corals are happy, you will be fine with an anemone. The only possible problem is if it decides to make it's home somewhere near a coral. Can you move your corals, or are they glued down? Sometimes you can just shift the rock they are on. I had to move a couple zoa's once my RBTA found its home spot.

OP
OP
slav621

slav621

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot that I have a set of palys that are just grown on the rock and not on a frag. I refuse to move those cause I think I am going to kill myself and my dogs with palytoxin :loudly-crying-face::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:. The zoas are small and on a frag so I could for sure move those. GSP.. no chance lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back