Yay or nay?

Josh'sReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends I want to upgrade to an acrylic peninsula tank and this came up on Facebook marketplace for $600 2ftx2ftx6ft (180gal). It obviously would need a buffing but that wouldn't stop me from jumping on it.
I'm concerned about lighting my coral with the acrylic boarders on the top of the tank. I'm not sure if my lights over time could cause yellowing of the acrylic or significantly prevent coral growth?
Is this a decent concern or do you think I could still use my lighting setup from my current tank? (Two radion xr30 pros and a smatfarm 95w) I'm sure I would add something else to help light it.

Besides that concern is there any reason I shouldn't pursue this tank? Thanks!

(My current tank is also attached)
313d5ece-f7f2-4157-9b35-2329d0308c9b.png
0d0566f8-d98c-46ad-ba70-a3b1496eb853.jpg
 
I don’t have a acrylic tank but I’m sure the tank had some type of light prior . I can’t see a issue . Maybe someone else can share what they know about acrylic tanks .
 
Not a concern. I have an acrylic tank with acrylic borders plus I have acrylic inserts that go into the openings. No yellowing and no lack of coral growth. In fact I have the opposite problem. Too much growth.😊
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new