yellow coris wrasse for 40 gallon breeder

TSM Aquatics

fishmonkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
was wondering if a fully grown yellow coris wrasse is doable in a 40 gallon breeder. i know its small but wondering what yall think. tank mates would be springer damsel and maybe one more fish.

also i wanted to get a six line but all i read are horror stories.

Top Shelf Aquatics

BostonReefer300

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have three in my 300 that I got in January as 1 inch juveniles. They're now about 2 inches after 6 months. Supposedly they get to be about 5 inches. With those other fish you have, I'd think a single yellow coris would be fine as long as you have a deep enough small grain sand bed for sleeping (eg caribsea special grade) and a lid on the tank (they jump). They are wonderful fish that add great color and movement to the tank. You'll also never have a flatworm or similar critter problem. Only problem with mine is that they will flip over any nassarius snail they find and eat it. Oh, and they are a royal PITA when I target feed my anemones.

OP
fishmonkey

fishmonkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have three in my 300 that I got in January as 1 inch juveniles. They're now about 2 inches after 6 months. Supposedly they get to be about 5 inches. With those other fish you have, I'd think a single yellow coris would be fine as long as you have a deep enough small grain sand bed for sleeping (eg caribsea special grade) and a lid on the tank (they jump). They are wonderful fish that add great color and movement to the tank. You'll also never have a flatworm or similar critter problem. Only problem with mine is that they will flip over any nassarius snail they find and eat it. Oh, and they are a royal PITA when I target feed my anemones.
I have special grade but it’s around 2 inches deep. Is that deep enough?

TSM Aquatics

PICK the Most Tested & Least Tested Parameters of your Tank (Pick 2)

• Calcium (most)

Votes: 43 6.4%
  • Alkalinity (most)

Votes: 473 69.9%
  • Magnesium (most)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Phosphate (most)

Votes: 61 9.0%
  • PH (most)

Votes: 66 9.7%
  • Nitrate (most)

Votes: 65 9.6%