Yellow-Flanked Wrasse

Lebreton33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience with these? Are they aggressive? I’ve got a 300 gallon with a lineatus, rhomboid, exquisite, pintail, diamond tail, royal pencil and a half banded - all wrasses. Just wondering if I can add. Thank you!

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evolved discusses levels of aggression among species and hold to choose species that mix well.

I had a yellow flanked in 300 gal. It was with a Red Head Solon wrasse & a Male McCosker’s. He was well behaved. No issues but I only has these 3 wrasses in my tank.

OP
OP
Lebreton33

Lebreton33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Thanks for your response. Yeah, I didn’t see anything about the yellow flanked in Hunter’s write up so I wasn’t sure. I’ve got zero aggression between my wrassses, everyone is living in harmony and I am trying keep it that way. Thanks for the feedback! Anyone else have any experience with them?

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Thanks for your response. Yeah, I didn’t see anything about the yellow flanked in Hunter’s write up so I wasn’t sure. I’ve got zero aggression between my wrassses, everyone is living in harmony and I am trying keep it that way. Thanks for the feedback! Anyone else have any experience with them?
You can also look at this article. Shows them about middle of scale on aggression. The chart tells how to mix wrasses. Also you can ask on Wrasse Lover’s thread. Mine was docile. They might have more experience with your mix of wrasses & adding a yellow flanked.
Good luck - beautiful wrasse.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a one eyed yellow flanked with a bunch of wrasse and he was a great big teddy bear. Never bothered anyone...he was very shy though as you can see in the video.

OP
OP
Lebreton33

Lebreton33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the chart Eva! And thanks for the video salty. Those clowns are awesome! Do you mind me asking where you got them? And is that a copperhead butterfly? Beautiful fish all of them. Thanks

OP
OP
Lebreton33

Lebreton33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
899A0D51-33F8-415B-BDDB-83BD7D3D7855.png

Here he is btw. Hoping he’s a sweetheart and not a pr*ck!

CheckeredPants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That chart is invaluable!

I have to ask about your Royal Pencil Wrasse! How long have you had it? And, how has it been with its tankmates? Has it been hard to keep? It’s one of my holy-grail fish.

OP
OP
Lebreton33

Lebreton33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checkered he was my first fish. He came in from DD healthy but wouldn’t eat at first. He would wake at about 10am and bury at 2pm every day. I tried feeding everything in QT but nothing worked. Finally after about 5 days he started to nibble here and there on frozen mysis (I also used live baby brine). Then on day 7 he ate like a pig. As he adjusted to time he stayed out longer and longer. I moved him to my 300 gallon after 4 weeks. He’s a model citizen and a great fish. Once you get them eating they are really very hearty. Very active, friendly beautiful fish. Highly recommend!
4114646E-BCE5-411C-B133-1CC63D0B7EA8.png

Here he is. I don’t have a better pic than the DD pic, it’s the only one that does him justice.

CheckeredPants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in love! Thanks for sharing your experience! I’m on “email me when in stock” lists at a couple online vendors for one. Glad to hear you’ve had success with one. Such a beautiful fish!!!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back