OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved all your fish! You had a awesome collection.

Don't worry, you'll get there again!

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Slightly better pic today.

image.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet fish!

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't even have my nano up and running, and I am really tempted to do a predator tank of little ones like this now. He is fantastic.

SurlyT

No one of consequence.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny coincidence, this is one of my all-time favorite fish and I just ran across a pair of them last week after looking for almost two years. They're a relatively common fish in the wild but extremely hard to find in the aquarium trade.

Anyway, I bought both of them on the spot and put them in separate tanks; one has since vanished (possibly eaten by an anemone) but the other seems to be doing well. They're skittish feeders in my experience so if you can get them eating you're on the way. Sometimes I've had to use live ghost shrimp to trigger a feeding response.

There's a pretty good article about this fish here (you might have to create a login to view, not sure): http://www.reefhobbyistmagazine.com/magazine-tiled-q3-2007-5.html

Last edited:

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had one of these little guys for over a year now and its still as shy (won't feed if it can see you) but will take anything you put in the tank, flake, pellets, frozen...........
The only problem I have had and the reason it lives alone is that it killed a leopard puffer. I say killed as I witnessed the puffer swim near it and then saw the scorp repeatedly stab the puffer with its dorsal spines. I'm not sure if this is an isolated problem or if something else was involved (the puffer seemed in really good health) but it put me off mixing it with anything else.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen mysis again tonight and he is now chasing them out of the water column and sucking them down. I'll try and get a video if I can

SurlyT

No one of consequence.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was thin when I got him but he seems to be filling out with daily feedings. I noticed his gut looked pretty distended this week so he must have caught something on his own (maybe a shrimp) but he's still eating. Seems to like LRS Reef Frenzy a lot.

SurlyT

No one of consequence.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a great picture, but here he is with a mouthful of ghost shrimp. And I spotted the other one today, so both are still alive.

scorpion_2016-04-24-02_small.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 115 74.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back