Yellow tang advice

Dogreccos29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

A local fish store had a yellow tang dropped off that was in very poor water conditions. In the store it was just in a 5 gallon bucket. I grabbed it and set up a QT tank. Does anyone have any advice on his health and if I should add any meds. He seems to be doing alright. Also, would he be safe with a Scopas Tang in my DT or should I look to just get it healthy and trade it in for credit at a local fish store?

TIA!
157554.jpeg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

A local fish store had a yellow tang dropped off that was in very poor water conditions. In the store it was just in a 5 gallon bucket. I grabbed it and set up a QT tank. Does anyone have any advice on his health and if I should add any meds. He seems to be doing alright. Also, would he be safe with a Scopas Tang in my DT or should I look to just get it healthy and trade it in for credit at a local fish store?

TIA!
157554.jpeg
My experiences are based just on my yellow tang, but mine can't take meds, water treatments, nothing... Prayer and blue neon goby is all I can use.

Give it nori (green & red, folded on clip) and red ogo and quality thawed frozen food - reef frenzy... mine also loves San Francisco Bay brand fish eggs, though it took a couple times trying that food before it tasted one, and now loves them. Algae Barn is where I got red ogo, and it grows fast under a 5k LED regular bulb you can pickup local hardware store 2 for $7 in lightbulb sections. Since I can't do any medications or anything on my yellow, I have neon blue goby fish. ANYTHING you try treating on tang tank, use tenth of dose and then still have backup plan as you may have to immediate or within next few hours get into untreated water. BUT this is based on my yellow tang and perhaps not all are as sensitive to everything as mine. I try to keep mine fat & happy so less likely to need treatments.

Regarding your other tang ... you don't give sizes of either tang. Maybe ... get the yellow healthy first and then try acclimating together, have mirror handy for established tang

Back