Yellow Tang Decoy

Kingston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with using 3D printed Tang decoys? I had have a few tangs including a purple, yellow and sailfin. The yellow tang was very skinny, with HLLE when I got it. It developed a popeye as well. Thought it wasn't going to make it. I got another yellow tang from my LFS and put it through QT and meds. During that time, the sick yellow tang seem to be recovering very well. Now I have a yellow tang done with QT still languishing in a 20g tank that I bet it is not happy in. I want to add it to my DT (8ft long) but worried about aggression from the other tangs. I want to try one of these 3D printed decoys.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Death Dealers is nickname for my yellow & sailfin tangs. Decoy is an interesting approach - please share experience if you find then try it

Acclimation box just worked for me; https://octoaquatics.com/product/the-shu/

I've used mirror and a different hang on side acclimation box but my yellow and sailfin tangs killed any new fish added since them (except neon blue gobies). Using SHU I was able to move it around right INTO TERRITORY within my 180g and acclimation went wonderfully (read minor fighting and no death).

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BioTek Marine Tang decoys are now available from Aquarium Specialty.

Tang-Decoy-BTM.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back