Yellow tang fin

jorgeeandreess

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2024
Messages
137
Reaction score
22
Location
orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have my yellow tang he is domingo good since 1+ week I bought it. He is eating a lot of food and algae and is very very active but since yesterday I realized “cuts” on his fins. Help me please :(

Sal: 1.025
NO3: 12
PO4: 0.2

IMG_3398.jpeg IMG_3397.jpeg IMG_3396.jpeg IMG_3395.jpeg IMG_3394.jpeg IMG_3393.jpeg IMG_3392.jpeg
 
I see the tail of another zebrasoma tang. Seems pretty safe to bet on aggression.
 
I agree - with split fins, aggression is generally going to be my first guess. Keep an eye on the situation, if it worsens you may have to separate fish.
 
Hey guys I have my yellow tang he is domingo good since 1+ week I bought it. He is eating a lot of food and algae and is very very active but since yesterday I realized “cuts” on his fins. Help me please :(

Sal: 1.025
NO3: 12
PO4: 0.2

IMG_3398.jpeg IMG_3397.jpeg IMG_3396.jpeg IMG_3395.jpeg IMG_3394.jpeg IMG_3393.jpeg IMG_3392.jpeg
This is fin aggression and you need to identify the aggressor. Best time is at feeding and drop food and set your cell phone on video for 15 minutes and walk away- You MUST walk away as they know youre there. Come back and review video. Isolation will be necessary for aggressor temporarily. Can be a clown, another tang or occupant
 
I see the tail of another zebrasoma tang. Seems pretty safe to bet on aggression.
What can I do? Do I
This is fin aggression and you need to identify the aggressor. Best time is at feeding and drop food and set your cell phone on video for 15 minutes and walk away- You MUST walk away as they know youre there. Come back and review video. Isolation will be necessary for aggressor temporarily. Can be a clown, another tang or occupant
thank you so much !
 
Hey guys I have my yellow tang he is domingo good since 1+ week I bought it. He is eating a lot of food and algae and is very very active but since yesterday I realized “cuts” on his fins. Help me please :(

Sal: 1.025
NO3: 12
PO4: 0.2

IMG_3398.jpeg IMG_3397.jpeg IMG_3396.jpeg IMG_3395.jpeg IMG_3394.jpeg IMG_3393.jpeg IMG_3392.jpeg

Rarely can I say some fish issue is 100% caused by something, but 100% this is tankmate aggression.

What other fish are in the tank? As mentioned, the other Zebrasoma in the pic is the likely suspect.

The issue will be - do you wait to see if things settle down (and take the risk of the yellow tang being killed) or do you separate the tang now?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new