Yellow Tang From Biota

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you guys QTing the yellow tangs?

I didn't... Just the usual acclimation process...

As a follow up from my previous posts, My fish arrived bright and early on the date I requested, happy, healthy, and hungry. If you have a specific delivery date requirement, based on my experience, I would say proceed without worry (just make sure you make that request in the "Special notes" section when you place your order).

Here is a picture of my beautiful baby YT:

IMG_0597.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one a few weeks back. It's healthy and growing. He was pretty pale and near transparent immediately after shipping but coming along well and nicely colored now.

Zwogle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a biota yellow on Friday, in the first 20 min my coral banded shrimp almost ate it, but got them separated and survived the night. I’m hoping it’s just getting used to the tank, but hasn’t ate anything yet.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
With the price of captive bred yellow tangs so reasonably priced compared to wild caught I'm not sure why anyone buys wild caught, unless it's just an availability issue.

Because before the ban the wild caught variants were around 50 bucks and I was planning to buy a school of 7 to 9 for my new setup...a pipe dream at these new prices.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because before the ban the wild caught variants were around 50 bucks and I was planning to buy a school of 7 to 9 for my new setup...a pipe dream at these new prices.
I understand that, but I meant now with the Hawaii ban why would anyone want wild caught. The only reason I can think of to get wild caught now is that you usually get a larger fish, the ones that are captive bred are usually sold at a really small size.

kjm1283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a yellow tang and urchin from biota 3 weeks ago and have yet to receive my order. I have made 3 contact attempts which finally got me to confirm shipping but my order never was delivered on the date I specified. (The day I took off work for ). Since I then I have sent two emails to [email protected] and jake Phillips but still have yet to hear from someone. Has anyone else experienced this?

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, try this e-mail. I believe they have changed e-mail addresses. [email protected]
1-754-206-3359
I'd try a call......
I bought a Yellow Tang and two other fish from them about 3 weeks ago. All went smoothly, shipping and fish in great shape.

Grumblez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BabyTang.jpg

This is Moana a few hours after I got her.
Within an hour or so she was happily swimming around and grazing.
I E-mailed Biota after my order to request a different shipping date and got a prompt response, came extremely well packaged I recorded to eventually do a unboxing video when I get around to. Shes now the sole occupant in my new Display tank, my biggest caution would be if you have a super heavy flow tank I would make sure you have a tank they can grow out in for a few months if you get a "small" one. She might have been fine but I turned the flow down alot after adding her she looked like she was struggling with the MP40 in my reefer 250 at 20%, I turned it down to 5%.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bt2yUXXeJ8w" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is about 3 weeks after receiving her, right before she moved out of the Evo

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a yellow tang and urchin from biota 3 weeks ago and have yet to receive my order. I have made 3 contact attempts which finally got me to confirm shipping but my order never was delivered on the date I specified. (The day I took off work for ). Since I then I have sent two emails to [email protected] and jake Phillips but still have yet to hear from someone. Has anyone else experienced this?
I've seen another person have similar issues. My order went fine. I think they are struggling with orders. Hard to find good help right now and they are still newish to retail vs. wholesale.

kjm1283

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks I’ll try this tomorrow
I tried to email biota and got an automated reply that the email address had been changed to Sales@ thebiotagroup.com. This email address is the address in which I’ve been communicating with the entire month ...still no reply. I’ll try calling.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everything works out for you. Every business has its hiccups, so I guess eventually someone has to have an issue...

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Yellow Tang today. He is happy healthy and growing like a weed!! it has only been just over 2 months since I received him and he is getting huge!!

This was right after I got him... photo taken May 23, 20121
IMG_0586.JPG

This is from today, July 25,2021
20210725_141630.jpg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Yellow Tang today. He is happy healthy and growing like a weed!! it has only been just over 2 months since I received him and he is getting huge!!

This was right after I got him... photo taken May 23, 20121
IMG_0586.JPG

This is from today, July 25,2021
20210725_141630.jpg
Assuming that is the same tank (which it seems to be) I'm impressed with how much it look like your rock has matured in that time. Although the tang looks to be growing quickly also.

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go figure 150 dang it one of my local fish stores finally got one back they had sold to a guy . He had to move so he brought it back and I was there 4 inches long from Hawaii 299 dollars.
20210725_202647.jpg

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming that is the same tank (which it seems to be) I'm impressed with how much it look like your rock has matured in that time. Although the tang looks to be growing quickly also.
Thank you... That is the same tank... almost the exact same spot in the tank... lol He likes that corner

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish ! We wanted a yt so bad..glad lfs reminded us they're not appropriate for a 32 gallon tank ..my wife was digging out her card . Settled for a coral beauty

Back