Yellow Tang QT

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef.Blue
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef.Blue

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2022
Messages
441
Reaction score
128
Location
NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a yellow tang along with a blue tang. I just put them in my qt tank and was wondering if I should dose copper or not. Some say to do an observation method of qt and not dose copper if there is no signs of disease, but others say to dose copper anyway. What are your thoughts?
 
It's a tough decision but the choice is yours to make. I do observation only if no signs of disease. I also use a tank with live rock vs a sterile set up with pcv. I've been through velvet and know the risks.
This is my current observation tank
Screenshot_20240819-163012~2.png


Are you getting the tang from Biota? I ask because I bought 3 in March and they are doing great.
 
Are these captive bred? The baby fish don’t always handle medications well. At least the angels don’t.
 
I just purchased a yellow tang along with a blue tang. I just put them in my qt tank and was wondering if I should dose copper or not. Some say to do an observation method of qt and not dose copper if there is no signs of disease, but others say to dose copper anyway. What are your thoughts?
Automatically, Yes. Even if quarantined, assume they have something and go right to coppersafe to stop any potential disease from taking hold of a given fish - Known as prevention. Would not hurt to follow with praziPro treatment thereafter
 
I would dose copper no matter what, with the exception being that you got them straight from biota. I trust their bio security.
 
It's a tough decision but the choice is yours to make. I do observation only if no signs of disease. I also use a tank with live rock vs a sterile set up with pcv. I've been through velvet and know the risks.
This is my current observation tank
Screenshot_20240819-163012~2.png


Are you getting the tang from Biota? I ask because I bought 3 in March and they are doing great.
Yes it’s a biota tang
 
Are these captive bred? The baby fish don’t always handle medications well. At least the angels don’t.
The yellow is definitely captive bred, but not sure on the blue. My guess is that it’s captive bred also
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new