Yellow Tang - scar?

I used the word "scar" because I wasn't sure what else to call it. It's the white lines

I'll get a video under white lights tomorrow. I actually tried to do it tonight, but I recently swapped a damaged Hydra Edge light and it was not responding to my command to turn on the white lights. I gotta figure out what that's about.

Here is the article I was referencing, in it, I discuss HLLE and epithelial thinning in Biota tangs:

https://www.coralmagazine.com/2016/03/12/captive-bred-yellow-tangs-showing-hlle/
 
I used the word "scar" because I wasn't sure what else to call it. It's the white lines

I'll get a video under white lights tomorrow. I actually tried to do it tonight, but I recently swapped a damaged Hydra Edge light and it was not responding to my command to turn on the white lights. I gotta figure out what that's about.

Here is the article I was referencing, in it, I discuss HLLE and epithelial thinning in Biota tangs:

https://www.coralmagazine.com/2016/03/12/captive-bred-yellow-tangs-showing-hlle/
That is fascinating! So it's something new and not yet fully understood about aquacultured Yellow Tangs.

Those white lines formed within the past 36 or so hours, I think. I did not notice it before that. (Though it's possible it took me another day or something to notice it, but it wouldn't be longer. So the lines formed pretty quickly. (At least by human time. Maybe it's slower on the fish clock.)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new