Yellow Tang very sick. Please help!

To all who are following this thread:

I have nothing, but gratitude to all of you that helped me yesterday and to all of you that are continuing to give me helpful information. So thank you all.
I have a tendency to beat myself up over these things because I’m so sorry and I think I should’ve done this and that. But I’m learning that especially with this hobby, it’s unreasonable to expect myself to know exactly what to do and how to do it. I know that I care for my fish as best as I can. That must be enough. I love my fish.
 
Yellow tangs in the wild can live to be 40 years. Only saying for a matter of interest - the rings on the scales can be counted. To @mmfhasj update us as to how your other fish are doing.
Good info. Thank you. They are good so far. I have two paired healthy looking clowns and two paired healthy looking fire gobies. I will be treating the entire tank with Prazipro. I’m hoping the Prazipro method works out. My tank is fish only and I have very little media in my sump (socks, sponges, and bio filter media). I don’t want to cause more stress especially to the clowns since they were the other two that survived when my last tank exploded.
 
avoid tank failures completely, save $$$ for thick panels acrylic tanks
 
I see. Yes. Thank you for the information. I didn’t immediately treat for flukes because it wasn’t presenting with symptoms for flukes. He had what I thought was black ich. But I will definitely be treating the rest of the fish. My tank is fish only with very minimal media in the sump. I might as well just treat the display tank. I don’t want to cause further stress.
So please be honest because it is what it is at this point and I tried my best. Would my Tang have recovered if I had just dosed the PraziPro? I’m reading about it and about to dose the rest of the fish and it’s saying that it’s effective on even the worse cases. Is that true? I just need to know for future reference.
@Jay Hemdal
 
Last edited:
So please be honest because it is what it is at this point and I tried my best. Would my Tang have recovered if I had just dosed the PraziPro? I’m reading about it and about to dose the rest of the fish and it’s saying that it’s effective on even the worse cases. Is that true? I just need to know for future reference.
@Jay Hemdal

Pure prazi could have possibly saved the fish in a QT system. Lost a my yellow to a heater malfunction. The feeling sucks! The one I have now the shop told me is a biota but there is no way! The little guys is super bright yellow. And I have to say it’s possibly a Hawaiian that someone turned in. I will try to get a pic today of him.
 
Last edited:
Pure prazi could have possibly saved the fish in a QT system. Lost a my yellow to a heater malfunction. The feeling sucks! The one I have now the shop told me is a biota but there is no way! The little guys is super bright yellow. And I have to say it’s possibly a Hawaiian that someone turned in. I will try to get a pic today of him.
Thank you for your honesty. Now I know for next time. My other fish don’t seem to be infected. It’s been a month. Is that possible?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new