OP
T

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah and whats sad is i see alot of people selling Yellow tangs at very high prices!!! Again i hope people dont bite!!!!

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree with this for the most part.

I noticed when I had my store less variety than I had ever seen. I am STILL trying to get some more springeri damsels after a year of trying for my home tank.

I have been looking for some too. My lfs gets some in about every other week. Every time I get there they are already sold. They will hold or order for me if I want though.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, just like the ones that pay $50 for a half cup of cheato... there always some idiot and lately plenty of them
Is it though? If somebody can afford to pay $550 for a yellow tang then go for it; if they can afford that they almost certainly are NOT idiots. My other hobby is hi-end audio, and I am always surprised at how much some folks are willing to pay for an amplifier .... $20K!! None of them idiots either. While I would not pay $550 for a yellow tang, I did pay $800 a few years ago for a zebra tang (have convinced myself it was a good buy because I haven't seen one for sale in a long time). I don't think I'm an idiot; though I suppose I wouldn't know it if I were. I think the fish side of the hobby is about to get a lot more expensive and that will affect other areas as well because it will drive folks out of the hobby.

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it though? If somebody can afford to pay $550 for a yellow tang then go for it; if they can afford that they almost certainly are NOT idiots. My other hobby is hi-end audio, and I am always surprised at how much some folks are willing to pay for an amplifier .... $20K!! None of them idiots either. While I would not pay $550 for a yellow tang, I did pay $800 a few years ago for a zebra tang (have convinced myself it was a good buy because I haven't seen one for sale in a long time). I don't think I'm an idiot; though I suppose I wouldn't know it if I were. I think the fish side of the hobby is about to get a lot more expensive and that will affect other areas as well because it will drive folks out of the hobby.
I'll bet if they paid $20k for an amplifier that was $2k last week, you would change your mind.

I can afford a $500 tang, but I would be an idiot to pay that much.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll bet if they paid $20k for an amplifier that was $2k last week, you would change your mind.

I can afford a $500 tang, but I would be an idiot to pay that much.
It's simple supply and demand.

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's a whole lot of people that don't understand supply and demand. If you don't like it then you can giiiiiiiiiiiiit out. China would love your cheap labor

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ignorance Of very very simple economics is running rampantly right now. The yellow tang debacle is just a drop in the bucket. Every single thing is this country is going to get its prices jacked up. Our fiscal lives would have been safer if we gave our routing numbers to Bernie Madoff than the current administration.

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ignorance Of very very simple economics is running rampantly right now. The yellow tang debacle is just a drop in the bucket. Every single thing is this country is going to get its prices jacked up. Our fiscal lives would have been safer if we gave our routing numbers to Bernie Madoff than the current administration.
Let's leave politics out of it

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I literally have no idea what any of that means. Care to untangle the word salad and explain?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back