Yellow watchman at surface!?

WhySoSeriousDory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll try to keep this short.

yesterday I bought a yellow watchman and it was swimming at the surface stressed out all day and today as well. Went and bought a pistol shrimp today, acclimated it, and put that and the goby in a breeder tank for 15 minutes. Put the pistol in the tank first and put the goby in after with net right near pistol. Paired up immediately and started digging & watching. Didn’t get a good pic but it’s at the bottom left.
If you’re on pc you can see the video of them working
BF360B3A-D18A-48E1-ACED-5B68992A7480.png

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did that also the first few days then went down to the bottom rocks like normal. A week went by and the other fish kicked him out of the neighborhood so I had to return him to the LFS. I'm glad yours is working out.

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you had success!

Tried to pair mine up...but the YWG started cruising around the surface as well...then got sucked on and stuck on my MP40's (had nets on them). Finally ended up in the sump because he's too small and went through the overflow slots in the back of the tank. Had to put him in my QT tank (no meds) while trying to fatten him up and let him grow a bit. Tried to reintegrate him a week ago...same result.

OP
OP
W

WhySoSeriousDory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you had success!

Tried to pair mine up...but the YWG started cruising around the surface as well...then got sucked on and stuck on my MP40's (had nets on them). Finally ended up in the sump because he's too small and went through the overflow slots in the back of the tank. Had to put him in my QT tank (no meds) while trying to fatten him up and let him grow a bit. Tried to reintegrate him a week ago...same result.
Thanks!
How did you try to pair them up? I put them both in a breeder box for about 10 mins and then let them find their way outta the net near the sand bed. I used to have a bigger one but the one I have now is pretty small. So small that if the sand caved in it wouldn’t make it out lol

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back