Yellow Watchman Bacterial Infection?

jackalexander

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
378
Reaction score
173
Location
Ventura
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i’ve had this goby for about 4 months and probably a month ago, he began to develop a white scrape. I had assumed it was just a scrape because i saw it shortly after I had been moving my rocks around to catch a six line. A month later and it seems to be healing but still a reddish sore. Assuming it’s a bacterial infection but I don’t have a QT right now. Any ideas what I could do?
48BC254F-0FBE-41E4-BDAF-086D0EBE1A09.jpeg
 
That looks like a severe bacterial infection, down to the muscle tissue. You would need to move it to a treatment tank and dose it with a good broad spectrum, gram negation antibiotic such as kanamycin. With that much skin damage, the fish will have difficulty with maintaining a proper osmotic balance with the water. You should keep the specific gravity of the treatment tank a bit lower, say 1.020


Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new