Yellow watchman goby fin infection

deanobliss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I have a yellow watchman goby that has been in QT for about 3 weeks. About a week after receiving him i noticed a small white spot at the base of his fin. It was fuzzy and didn’t look anything like velvet or ich so i was going to wait it out and see how it progressed.

I put him through a week of paraguard to see if that would help because it looked like some type of fungas and his fin was getting a bit frayed. That didn’t really seem to have any effect, so then i moved to kanaplex. He has had 3 doses, and is on day 6 of that treatment .

the pics attached are from 10 days ago while getting paraguard and also a pic from today. It’s still white but when looking from behind it looks a little red now towards his body.

im not sure what else i should treat him for, I’m new to this QT stuff so open to any ideas on how to get him better.

thank you for the help!

259940AF-53FC-483A-8BC5-5214EE49D195.jpeg A86BE6D3-C591-42CB-B868-2271F3C63DB4.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello!
I have a yellow watchman goby that has been in QT for about 3 weeks. About a week after receiving him i noticed a small white spot at the base of his fin. It was fuzzy and didn’t look anything like velvet or ich so i was going to wait it out and see how it progressed.

I put him through a week of paraguard to see if that would help because it looked like some type of fungas and his fin was getting a bit frayed. That didn’t really seem to have any effect, so then i moved to kanaplex. He has had 3 doses, and is on day 6 of that treatment .

the pics attached are from 10 days ago while getting paraguard and also a pic from today. It’s still white but when looking from behind it looks a little red now towards his body.

im not sure what else i should treat him for, I’m new to this QT stuff so open to any ideas on how to get him better.

thank you for the help!

259940AF-53FC-483A-8BC5-5214EE49D195.jpeg A86BE6D3-C591-42CB-B868-2271F3C63DB4.jpeg
Appears to be bacterial. is this a quarantine tank?
If not, fish requires a sandy bottom. For the pectoral fin, may have started as an injury but has a bacterial infection. Treatment will be seachem kanaplex. If none available - Maracyn 2
Assure youre providing good water quality and diet during treatment.

OP
OP
deanobliss

deanobliss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears to be bacterial. is this a quarantine tank?
If not, fish requires a sandy bottom. For the pectoral fin, may have started as an injury but has a bacterial infection. Treatment will be seachem kanaplex. If none available - Maracyn 2
Assure youre providing good water quality and diet during treatment.
Thank you for the reply!

i already did one full corse of kanaplex, should I water change and go for another corse of it?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you for the reply!

i already did one full corse of kanaplex, should I water change and go for another corse of it?
Allow 46 hours before any water change. If ammonia level is good, you can go 72 hours. Add air stone to increase aeration during treatment

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back