Yellow Watchman Goby / Large tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Triggreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2014
Messages
4,955
Reaction score
2,796
Location
East Hampton, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to hear from others about their watchman gobies in a fairly large tank. I have one for about a yr and a half now. First week he went down the overflow into my sump where he lived for over a year. I only saw him very seldom in there. A couple months ago I caught him and placed back in the 200g display. Never seen him since. I'm sure he is in there as he was very healthy but its a large tank with a lot of rock to hide under. Just interested if people with similar tanks ever see their watchman goby.
 
I have 1 in a 250. He's always visible and feeds aggressively with all the others. It seems every bottom dwelling fish I've had has made a trip to the sump. I now have the overflow completely covered and 1/4 mesh around the teeth.
 
I have one in a 180. He has his own little territory and will poke his head out of the rock every once in a while. Not super active but is pretty cool to watch when he sifts sand
 
I have a Diamond Watchman and he's almost always front and center. Come feeding time, he practically rips the mysis-filled syringe out of my hand.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new